I love French Macaroons, but I also miss the kind of Macarons that I grew up knowing, the Coconut Macarons. Actually, this is the only kind of Macarons that I knew until I got to Canada. I was introduced to French Macaroons in Canada and there was a time I went crazy making them. Although I like French Macaroons a lot, I cannot helped but miss Coconut Macarons.I actually woke up this morning wanting to make it so badly. I had been checking for Coconut Macarons recipe for a while now, and I had made a picture in my mind on how I want them to taste and look like. I had to rely to online photos to imagine if it fits the one I have in my mind, and then I had to review the ingredients to see if it will give the texture that I wanted.
Luckily, I found the one that I think is close enough to what I was looking for. I did few modifications, and I added my own flavouring to give it new twist. I divided the batch into 2. I made half of the batch with Almond, so I have Almond Coconut Macarons. The other half, I added pineapple, this is what I called my Piña-Colada Coconut Macaroons. They are amazing! The pineapple works well with Coconut, it also adds moisture to the texture.You really have to try this.
The top is a little bit gooey , the texture is so creamy, the center is soft and moist, and of course, the coconut mix with milk taste so great. This is a small batch that yields 24 pieces using mini muffin pans.If you want to make larger batch, just double the recipe.If you really like coconut treats, this one is for you. Let’s get started!
- 37 grams or 2 1/2 tbsp Butter, softened
- 1/4 + 2 tbsp cup Granulated White Sugar
- 1 Egg – room temperature
- 1/2 can Sweetened Condensed Milk (2/3 cup)
- 1/2 tsp Vanilla Extract
- 1/4 cup All Purpose Flour
- 1 cup Desiccated Coconut
- 3 tbsp Flake Almonds
- 1/2 cup crushed Pineapple
- Almond Coconut Macaroons :
- Add 3 tbsp of Flake Almonds to half of the batter or 1/4 cup if you want to make it for the entire batch.
- Piña colada Macaroons :
- Add 1/2 cup crushed Pineapple to half of the batter or 1 cup if you want to make it for the entire batch.
- Squeeze to remove juice.You will end up to only half once squeezed.
- Pre-heat oven to 350F.
- Cream Butter, Sugar and Egg: Using a hand mixer, cream butter and sugar until pale in color. Add egg, and beat for another minute.
- Add Wet Ingredients: Stir in condensed milk, and vanilla extract and mix until blended.
- In a medium bowl, combine flour and desiccated coconut. Add to egg mixture and beat until combined.
- If you want different variation, this is the best time to do it. I tried these 2 variations:
- Almond Coconut Macaroons: Add Flake Almond : Divide the batter in to half, add flake Almond in the half of the butter. You can have the other have plain. OR
- Pina-colada Coconut Macaroons: Add drained and crushed (juice extracted and removed) pineapple. Mix to fully combine with the batter.
- Scoop into paper-lined mini muffin pans and bake in a 350F oven for about 15-20 minutes or until golden. Allow to cool for about 5 minutes. I used 1 tbsp per mini muffin pan.
My Latest Video
Thank You for visiting my website. Please don’t forget to click the “Like” button below if you like this recipe. Lastly, did you know that I have a YouTube Channel? Please support my channel by clicking on the “Subscribe” button in my video and the “Bell” icon to get notification of new videos.