This Homemade Strawberry Jam is better than store bought! There is no preservative, all fresh and all natural. This is such an easy recipe and a perfect way to use fresh or frozen frozen Strawberry.
Ever since I learned how to make my own jam, I stopped buying it from groceries. Most of the time, I make my jam when I have left over berries from my baking or If I need jam to fill my baked products.
I like using jam in baking, most of the time to give a contrasting flavor, or to balance the flavor. For this jam, I am going to use it for my Father’s Day celebration cake, Flourless Chocolate Cake. This is a 3 ingredients home-made strawberry jam that doesn’t need penctin , or any preservatives just like my Raspberry Jam. Let’s get started!
- 1 1/4 cup Frozen or Fresh Strawberry
- 1/4 Granulated White Sugar (For sweeter jam, make it 1/3 cup)
- Zest of 1 Lemon
- 1 tbsp Cornstarch
- 1/2 tsp Lemon Juice (optional)
- Cook the Strawberry: Cut strawberry into small pieces and transfer in a pan. Add Sugar and lemon juice. Put over medium heat for about 5 minutes until the sugar starts to dissolve. Continue stirring to avoid burning and sticking to the pan. The sugar will start to melt and the strawberry will start to breakdown. The consistency will be liquidy and watery for few minutes. You will also notice large bubbles when it starts to boil. When most of the water evaporated, the consistency will start to thicken. Turn the heat down to low and stir constantly for about 15 – 20 minutes or until it starts to thicken. When the jam starts to look gooey and thick, it will start to coat your spoon when you mix it. If the jam hangs to the spoon and doesn’t drip easy, then the consistency is good.
- Pass the jam using a fine strainer. Press the jam using spoon until there are no bigger pieces of strawberry. Return to the pan and let simmer for another 5 minutes. Set aside and let it cool. Store in an airtight container or jar and refrigerate.
- If you prefer chunks of Strawberry in your Jam, stop at step 2.
- If to be used as a filling for bread rolls, make sure to refrigerate overnight to let it cool completely and to allow the consistency to get thick and jelly like.
Makes about 1 cup
If using fresh fruits, use the ripe one as they are sweeter.
My Latest Video
Thank You for visiting my website. Please don’t forget to click the “Like” button below if you like this recipe. Lastly, did you know that I have a YouTube Channel? Please support my channel by clicking on the “Subscribe” button in my video and the “Bell” icon to get notification of new videos.