Ever since I learned how to make my own jam, I stopped buying it from groceries. Most of the time, I make my jam when I have left over berries from my baking or If I need jam to fill my baked products.
I like using jam in baking, most of the time to give a contrasting flavor, or to balance the flavor. For this jam, I am going to use it for my Father’s Day celebration cake, Flourless Chocolate Cake. This is a 3 ingredients home-made strawberry jam that doesn’t need penctin , or any preservatives just like my Raspberry Jam. Let’s get started!
- 1 cup Frozen or Fresh Raspberry
- 1/2 Granulated White Sugar
- 1 tsp Lemon juice (optional)
Note: Click on the photo to see description
- Cut strawberry into small pieces and transfer in a pan.
- Sugar & lemon. Put over medium heat for about 5 minutes until the sugar starts to dissolve. Continue stirring to avoid burning and sticking to the pan. The sugar will start to melt and the strawberry will start to breakdown. The consistency will be liquidy and watery for few minutes. You will also notice large bubbles when it starts to boil.
- When most of the water evaporated, the consistency will start to thicken. Turn the heat down to low and stir constantly for about 15 – 20 minutes or until it starts to thicken. When the jam starts to look gooey and thick, it will start to coat your spoon when you mix it. If the jam hangs to the spoon and doesn’t drip easy, then the consistency is good.
- Pass the jam using a fine strainer. Press the jam using spoon until there are no bigger pieces of strawberry. Return to the pan and let simmer for another 5 minutes. Set aside and let it cool. Store in an airtight container or jar and refrigerate.
I hope you like this post. If you do, please click on the “Like” button below or share this post with your friends. Thanks!
Good to Know:
- If using fresh fruits, use the ripe one as they are sweeter.
Try it and let me know how it goes.Feel free to share this recipe and let’s get the community baking!♥