I first read about chocolate bark sometime last year during the holiday season. I was looking for holiday giveaway, aside from the usual cookies and bars desserts and then I saw this. Bark Chocolates are just layers of white chocolate and dark chocolate, or milk chocolate that are topped with nuts, pieces of cookies, chocolates , peppermints or even dried fruits. They are very popular during the holiday season because they are nice giveaways or gifts. Chocolate Bark is very easy and fun to make. Just pick a combination of good quality chocolate as base, and pick whatever toppings you want. I decided to make a plain chocolate marble for this post. More than eating it on its own, I used this as toppings and for decorating my Banofee Tart, although I have to admit I cannot helped but eat few pieces of this while I was making the tart. It taste good even without toppings, next time, I plan to make something with toppings just for my snacking. Let’s get started!
- 4 oz. good quality chocolate
- 4 oz. good quality white chocolate
- Break chocolate into pieces and place in a microwave safe dish. Melt in the microwave, in 30-second intervals, stirring between each, until completely melted and smooth.
- Spread chocolate on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper.
- Break white chocolate into pieces and place in a microwave safe dish. Melt in the microwave, in 30-second intervals, stirring between each, until completely melted and smooth.
- Drop spoonful of melted white chocolate in dollops onto spread chocolate. Use a toothpick (or I used a skewer) to swirl the chocolate and white chocolate together into pretty patterns.
- Chill in the freezer for 15-20 minutes, until set. Use a large knife to cut into pieces. Store in fridge or freezer.
Try it and let me know how it goes. Feel free to share this recipe and let’s get the community baking!♥