Banoffee pie is an English dessert pie made from bananas, cream and toffee from boiled condensed milk (or dulce de leche), either on a pastry base or one made from crumbled biscuits and butter. Some versions of the recipe also include chocolate, coffee or both.
One of my favorite Tart is Banoffee Tart. I love everything about this tart! Most of the commercial Banoffee Tart uses quite a lot of whipped cream and caramel, which is good if I am just going to eat one slice. But since 1 is not enough for me, I had decided to make my own version so that I can adjust the portion of cream that I put in this tart and replace caramel with dark chocolate ganache. Every layer of this tart is a sure treat. Let us see what we have here.
- Base: Shortbread Pie Crust. Click on the link to see how easy it is to make this kind of sweet pie crust.
- Layer 1: Dark Chocolate Ganache Frosting. Chocolate always complements well with Shortbread Cookie, I had this tested when I made my Chocolate Ganache Shortbread Cookie.
- Layer 2: Banoffee Tart is not complete without the main star, Banana! I have 3 layers of sweet and ripe bananas cut into small pieces.
- Layer 3: Black and White Chocolate Bark: This is another treat that made this Banoffee Tart extra special. How nice it is to have chunks of marble chocolate in between those sweet bananas. It adds crunch to the smooth and soft texture of the filling.
- Layer 4: Chocolate Buttercream Whipped Frosting. This whipped frosting is so heavenly! The frosting alone is a treat on its own. This complements well with the bananas. I had also tried using Chocolate Ganache Whipped frosting and it taste as good as well. If I want less sweet and more dark chocolate flavor , I always go for the later one.
- Toppings 1: Whipped Cream. A little bit of whipped cream to make it extra special. the good thing about this tart, you don’t need to add too much whipped cream. A little doll up will do, you can even do without because the Chocolate Buttercream Whipped Frosting is quite good already to seal the deal for this tart.
- Toppings 2 : This is optional, additional Black and White Chocolate Bark as toppings.
Now, Do you agree if I tell you this is an extra special Banoffee Tart? Let’s get started!
- Shortbread Pie Crust. This can be made ahead of time to freeze.
- 2-3 Large ripe bananas cut into thin pieces
- Black and White Chocolate Bark – optional
- Whipped Cream – optional
- Chocolate Buttercream Whipped Frosting (This is what I used)
- Chocolate Ganache Frosting
- Chocolate Ganache Whipped Frosting – I had tried using this before and I also loved it. You can make this using Chocolate Ganache Frosting plus 3 – 4 tbsp whipped cream for every 1 batch of Chocolate Ganache Frosting recipe.
- Make Shortbread Pie Crust. Click on the link for the recipe.
- Make Chocolate Buttercream Whipped Frosting. Click on the link for the recipe.
- Make Chocolate Ganache Frosting.Click on the link for the recipe.
- Pour Chocolate Ganache Frosting on top of Shortbread Pie Crust.
- Layer with banana. Depending on the size of your tart, you might need more banana. I used 6 inches and I used 2 large bananas which makes 3 layers. Make sure to leave enough room for the Chocolate Buttercream Whipped Frosting.
- Add the Black and White Chocolate Bark.
- Cover with Chocolate Buttercream Whipped Frosting.
- Decorate with Chocolate Marble Bark and Whipped Cream.
- Chill for 1 hour or leave overnight in the refrigerator.
Thank you for visiting my website. If you like this post, kindly click on the “Like” button below or share this post with your friends.
Try it and let me know how it goes. Feel free to share this recipe and let’s get the community baking!♥