One of my favorite Tart is Banoffee Tart. It’s basically just banana and layers of cream, frosting or caramel. I love everything about this tart! Most of the commercial Banoffee Tart uses quite a lot of whipped cream and caramel, which is good if I am just going to eat one slice. But since 1 is not enough for me, I had decided to make my own version in mini size serving portion. Every layer of this tart is a sure treat. Let us see what we have here.
- Base: Shortbread Pie Crust. Click on the link to see how easy it is to make this kind of sweet pie crust.
- Layer 1: Dark Chocolate Ganache Frosting. Chocolate always complements well with Shortbread Cookie, I had this tested when I made my Chocolate Ganache Shortbread Cookie.
- Layer 2: Banoffee Tart is not complete without the main star, Banana! I have 2 layers of sweet and ripe bananas cut into small pieces.
- Layer 3: White Chocolate Mousse. I have some left overs when I made Chocolate Mousse, and I thought this would be a perfect use for it. I was right! Feels like I am eating Chocolate Banana Mousse Tart.
- Layer 4: Chocolate Ganache Whipped Frosting: I used my Chocolate Ganache Frosting and I added 3 tbsp Homemade Whipped Cream.
- Shortbread Pie Crust. This can be made ahead of time to freeze.
- 2 Large ripe bananas cut into thin pieces
- Chocolate Ganache
- White Chocolate Mousse (optional)
- For the toppinggs: Crumbled Shortbread, Black & White Chocolate Bark or any chocolate shave (optional)
- Chocolate Ganache Frosting
- Chocolate Ganache Whipped Frosting – You can make this using Chocolate Ganache Frosting plus 3 – 4 tbsp whipped cream for every 1 batch of Chocolate Ganache Frosting recipe.
- White Chocolate Mousse
- Make Shortbread Pie Crust. Click on the link for the recipe.
- Chocolate Ganache Frosting.Click on the link for the recipe.
- Chocolate Ganache Whipped Frosting. You can make this using Chocolate Ganache Frosting plus 3 – 4 tbsp whipped cream for every 1 batch of Chocolate Ganache Frosting recipe.
- Pour Chocolate Ganache Frosting. and cover the bottom of the Shortbread Pie Crust.
- Layer with banana. Depending on the size of your tart, you might need more banana. I used 4.5″and I used 2 large bananas. Make sure to leave enough room for the Chocolate Ganache Whipped Frosting.
- Add White Chocolate Mousse (optional).
- Cover with Chocolate Ganache Whipped Frosting.
- Drizzle with Chocolate Ganache Frosting.
- Chill for 1 hour or leave overnight in the refrigerator.
- 4 pieces of 4.5″ tart pan and 4 pieces 2″ tart pan OR
- 1 piece 6 or 8″ pie tart OR
- 6 pieces of 4.5″ tart pan
Thank you for visiting my website. If you like this post, kindly click on the “Like” button below or share this post with your friends.
Try it and let me know how it goes. Feel free to share this recipe and let’s get the community baking!♥