One of my favorite Tart is Banoffee Tart. It’s basically just banana and layers of cream, frosting or caramel. I love everything about this tart! Most of the commercial Banoffee Tart uses quite a lot of whipped cream and caramel, which is good if I am just going to eat one slice. But since 1 is not enough for me, I had decided to make my own version in mini size serving portion. Every layer of this tart is a sure treat. Let us see what we have here.
- Base: Shortbread Pie Crust. Click on the link to see how easy it is to make this kind of sweet pie crust.
- Layer 1: Dark Chocolate Ganache Frosting. Chocolate always complements well with Shortbread Cookie, I had this tested when I made my Chocolate Ganache Shortbread Cookie.
- Layer 2: Banoffee Tart is not complete without the main star, Banana! I have 2 layers of sweet and ripe bananas cut into small pieces.
- Layer 3: White Chocolate Mousse. I have some left overs when I made Chocolate Mousse, and I thought this would be a perfect use for it. I was right! Feels like I am eating Chocolate Banana Mousse Tart.
- Layer 4: Chocolate Ganache Whipped Frosting: I used my Chocolate Ganache Frosting and I added 3 tbsp Homemade Whipped Cream.
- Shortbread Pie Crust. This can be made ahead of time to freeze.
- 2 Large ripe bananas cut into thin pieces
- Chocolate Ganache
- White Chocolate Mousse (optional)
- For the toppinggs: Crumbled Shortbread, Black & White Chocolate Bark or any chocolate shave (optional)
- Chocolate Ganache Frosting
- Chocolate Ganache Whipped Frosting – You can make this using Chocolate Ganache Frosting plus 3 – 4 tbsp whipped cream for every 1 batch of Chocolate Ganache Frosting recipe.
- White Chocolate Mousse
- Make Shortbread Pie Crust. Click on the link for the recipe.
- Chocolate Ganache Frosting.Click on the link for the recipe.
- Chocolate Ganache Whipped Frosting. You can make this using Chocolate Ganache Frosting plus 3 – 4 tbsp whipped cream for every 1 batch of Chocolate Ganache Frosting recipe.
- Pour Chocolate Ganache Frosting. and cover the bottom of the Shortbread Pie Crust.
- Layer with banana. Depending on the size of your tart, you might need more banana. I used 4.5″and I used 2 large bananas. Make sure to leave enough room for the Chocolate Ganache Whipped Frosting.
- Add White Chocolate Mousse (optional).
- Cover with Chocolate Ganache Whipped Frosting.
- Drizzle with Chocolate Ganache Frosting.
- Chill for 1 hour or leave overnight in the refrigerator.
- 4 pieces of 4.5″ tart pan and 4 pieces 2″ tart pan OR
- 1 piece 6 or 8″ pie tart OR
- 6 pieces of 4.5″ tart pan
Try it and let me know how it goes. Feel free to share this recipe and let’s get the community baking!♥