From time to time, I have a cravings for donut, sometimes even in the odd hours of the day. I like donuts, the only problem I have is I don’t like the idea of fried Donuts. They are tasty of course, but I had been trying to get away with frying as much as possible.
So, this recipe is the answer to my problem. Donuts, bake NOT fried. Simple not complicated, quick and easy. What is better than a homemade baked donuts? This donuts taste so good, it’s like a chocolate cake in a donut form. The texture is soft and moist. Because it is baked, this donut is very light. I easily finished 3 pieces in one seating! Dangerous! You really have to try this. Bake certainly is a good option, just like my Bake Churros. Let’s get started!
- 1 cup (5oz/150g) all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup (1.5oz/45g) unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/3 cup (2oz/60g) brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons granulated white sugar
- pinch salt
- 4 tbsp (2oz/60g) butter, melted
- 2 small eggs
- 3/4 cup (6oz/180g) sour cream (buttermilk or yogurt)
- Sprinkles, nuts , chocolates for decoration – optional
Ingredients for Chocolate Glaze:
- 2 tbsp unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 1/2 cups powdered sugar
- 3-4 tbsp milk
- 1 tsp vanilla extract (optional)
- pinch of salt
Other Frosting Option:
I tried using both frosting and I liked the Chocolate Ganache frosting better. It has a richer thick chocolate flavor and it is less sweet.
- Preheat oven to 350F(180C) and spray the dougnut tin with oil or butter.
- Dry Ingredients: Sift together the flour, cocoa powder, baking soda, baking powder, both sugars and salt.
- Wet Ingredients: In a separate jug mix together egg, sour cream and melted butter
- Dry + Wet Ingredients: Add the wet ingredients to the dry and gently mix until just combined.
- Add batter to a piping bag or ziplock bag. Cut a corner off to pipe into donut pan wells. Fill them no higher than 2/3 of the way up so they don’t bake over.
- Bake donuts for 12 -13 minutes or until they are firm and spring back when you touch them.
- Pop them out of the donut pan and onto a cooling rack to cool until warm to the touch.
Chocolate Glaze Instructions:
- Sift together the icing sugar and cocoa powder. Whisk in the milk, vanilla and whisk until the glaze is smooth. You may need to add additional powdered sugar or milk depending on the consistency you like. Dip the top of each donut in the glaze. Serve it warm or at room temperature. Store in an airtight container for up to 3 days.
Makes 16 pieces (This size is smaller than regular donut)
- Small Batch Bake Churros Donut
- Baked Strawberry Donut
- Baked Blueberry Donuts
- Snickerdoodle Donut Hole
Enjoy! If you make this, share and tag me in Instagram #SweetNSpicyLiving. I would like to see your creations too.
My Latest Video
Thank You for visiting my website. Please don’t forget to click the “Like” button below if you like this recipe. Lastly, did you know that I have a YouTube Channel? Please support my channel by clicking on the “Subscribe” button in my video and the “Bell” icon to get notification of new videos.