My Other Videos:
Checkout my video collection of cookies and other treats that are great for holiday gift giving or for everyday baking. All the recipes can be found in my website. Enjoy!
This cookie is originally called snowball cookie because it’s shaped like a ball and it is coated with icing/confectioners sugar which makes it looks like a snowball. Me being chocolate lover, I had to change the coating from icing sugar to my favorite Dark Chocolate Ganache. This change made me think that I should call this Almond Ball Cookie instead, it fits more than a Snowball cookie.
For me, almond and chocolate always works good together. I had proven this in my Almond Shortbread Cookie Tart and Almond Dark Chocolate Ganache Tart. Creamy, buttery cookie that is easy and quick to make. Sometimes, the simple things are the best ones. This is true for this cookie. Let me show you how to make it. Let’s get started!
- 5 oz all-purpose flour (1 cup)
- 1 cup finely chopped almonds
- 1/4 cup granulated white sugar
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1/2 tsp vanilla
- 1 batch of Chocolate Ganache
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees F.
- Using food processor, chop almonds into small pieces. Set aside.
- In a large bowl whisk to combine the flour, almonds, and sugar.
- Add the butter and vanilla, and mix with a hand mixer until it comes together as a cohesive dough.
- Alternatively, you can use the food processor for the entire process. Add the flour mixture and butter to the chopped almonds in the food processor and mix until it forms into a cohesive dough.
- Form the dough into 20 grams balls (approximately 1 to 2 inch), and place on a silicone mat lined baking sheet. If your dough is too soft, leave it in the fridge for 30 minutes before forming it into a ball.
- Bake for 25 minutes, until fully cooked through in the center.
- Let the cookies cool for 10 minutes then leave it in the fridge for another 30 minutes before coating the cookies with Chocolate Ganache.
- Dip almond ball into Chocolate Ganache
- Sprinkle with chopped almonds on top – optional
Makes 24 cookies
If you like this post, please click on the “Like” button below or leave me a comment. I would like to hear from you.♥
Try it and let me know how it goes. Feel free to share this recipe and let’s get the community baking!♥