I bake a lot, and since I cannot finish all my baking by myself, I often bring them to the office to share with my friends. I had baked a lot of deserts that some of it I cannot remember the name. I have my favorites and my friends have their favorites too. This Almond Shortbread Bar is one of the top favorite among my office mates, and mine too.
I got a request from a friend of mine to bake this cookie bar. He didn’t know the name, he just described it to me as something with almond. I made a lot of almond desert because they are my favorite, so I have to go over my previous baking to find out what that cookie is.
I initially thought he was talking about the Snowball Cookie, but it seems this is not the one. Then maybe I thought it’s the Almond Shortbread Chocolate Ganache Tarte, but it seems this is not the one as well. Then I though maybe it’s the Amond Shortbread Tart, bingo! This is the one, but when I made it before it was in wedges shape. I am so happy to finally found it. So, I want to make sure I have it in my blog so that I don’t forget it. This is a very delicious cookie, I hope that you will try this soon. Let’s get started!
- 1 batch Almond Almond Shortbread Cookie Tart
- 1 batch Chocolate Ganache. Set aside 2-3 tbsp for drizzling on top
- 3 tbsp chopped and toasted almond
- Make the Almond Shortbread Cookie Tart.
- Make Chocolate Ganache
- Chop and toast almond. I used my toaster to do this at 300F for 10-15 minutes.
- Once the Almond Shortbread Cookie Tart has completely cooled, pour Chocolate Ganache on top.
- Distribute the toasted almond on top while the Chocolate Ganache is still warm. This will help in making the toasted almond stick. Slightly press down the toasted almond so that it stick even more to the Chocolate Ganache.
- Put the remaining 3 tbsp Chocolate Ganache into a ziplock sandwich bag. Cut and small opening in one of the corner of the ziplock bag. This will make an even drizzle of Chocolate Ganache.
- Chill 30 minutes to 1 hour, or even better leave overnight in the fridge.
Try it and let me know how it goes. Feel free to share this recipe and let’s get the community baking!♥