I bake a lot, and since I cannot finish all my baking by myself, I often bring them to the office to share with my friends. I had baked a lot of deserts that some of it I cannot remember the name. I have my favorites and my friends have their favorites too. This Almond Shortbread Bar is one of the top favorite among my office mates, and mine too.I got a request from a friend of mine to bake this cookie bar. He didn’t know the name, he just described it to me as something with almond. I made a lot of almond desert because they are my favorite, so I have to go over my previous baking to find out what that cookie is.
I initially thought he was talking about the Snowball Cookie, but it seems this is not the one. Then maybe I thought it’s the Almond Shortbread Chocolate Ganache Tart, but it seems this is not the one as well. Then I though maybe it’s the Amond Shortbread Tart, bingo! This is the one, but when I made it before it was in wedges shape. I was so happy to finally found it. So, I want to make sure I have it in my blog so that I don’t forget it.
This Almond Shortbread Bar has a very buttery base. The dark chocolate ganache along with the toasted chopped almonds gave this bar a really nice texture and crunch. No wonder this was my friend’s favorite, I am addicted to this Shortbread Bar too. Let me show you how to make this. Let’s get started!
- 1/2 Batch of Almond Shortbread Cookie Tart (For bigger batch of 12 pcs, make the full batch)
- 1 batch Chocolate Ganache. See Video below on how to make it.
- 3 tbsp chopped and toasted almond
- 1 tbsp toffee crunch – optional
- Line a 6-inch square pan with foil or parchment paper.
- Make the crust by following the recipe instruction of Almond Shortbread Cookie Tart . Bake it in a 6-inch square pan or round pan.
- Make Chocolate Ganache
- Chop and toast almonds. I used my toaster to do this at 300F for 10-15 minutes.
- Once the Almond Shortbread Cookie Tart has completely cooled, pour Chocolate Ganache on top.
- Distribute the toasted almond on top while the Chocolate Ganache is still warm. Slightly press down the toasted almond so that it stick even more to the Chocolate Ganache.
- Chill 30 minutes to 1 hour, or even better leave overnight in the fridge.
Makes 9 pieces baked in 6-inch square pan
Here is a short video on How To Make Chocolate Ganache without Heavy Cream
Thank You for visiting ,y website. If you like this post, kindly click on the “Like” button below or leave me a comment. Thanks!