One of my favorite chocolate bar dessert is brownie because it never failed to satisfy my chocolate craving. The brownie itself is just a one bowl mixing recipe, it’s that easy to make. No matter how you like your Brownies, be it Cakey or Fudgy, they are both easy to prepare.
This recipe is for a Fudgy Brownie, with Cream Cheese please! As if brownie alone is not good or bad, up to you to decide. I am adding cream cheese for a creamier, decadent taste and heavenly delicious and incredibly dangerous treat! I have to warn you though, eat at your own risk, this alone will be enough to fill in your calorie requirement for the day. Chocolate creaminess overload! Well, if I am going to be bad, I might as well do it right? Let’s get started!
Tips for making fudgy brownie:
- Reduce the amount of flour, and more on melted chocolate
- Do not use leavening agent like baking powder or baking soda
- Do not incorporate too much air in the batter, this is why we don’t need mixer for this
- Do not over bake. The usual “when toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean” is NOT applicable here. You want the center to still be a little bit moist.
- 1/2 cup (113 grams) unsalted butter, cut into small pieces
- 4 ounces (115 grams) unsweetened chocolate, coarsely chopped
- 1 1/4 cups (250 grams) granulated white sugar – Reduce to 3/4 cup if using sweetened chocolate. I used 50% Dark Chocolate
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 2 large eggs
- 1/2 cup (65 grams) all-purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
Cream Cheese Layer:
- 8 ounces (227 grams) full fat cream cheese (NOT the spreadable) at room temperature
- 1/3 cup (65 grams) granulated white sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1 large egg
Note: I divided the recipe into half to make a small batch, and I used 5 x 5 inch baking pan, baked at 350F for 30 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees F (160 degrees C) and place the rack in the center of the oven. Have ready a 9 inch (23 cm) square baking pan that has been lined with aluminum foil.
- In a heatproof bowl, placed over a saucepan of simmering water, melt the butter and chocolate.
- Remove from heat and stir or whisk in the sugar and vanilla extract.
- Add the eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition.
- Stir in the flour and salt and stir vigorously until the batter is smooth and glossy (about one minute).
- Remove 1/2 cup (120 ml) of the brownie batter and set it aside.
- Spread the remainder of the brownie batter evenly onto the bottom of the prepared pan.
- Then, in the bowl of your food processor (or with a hand mixer), process the cream cheese just until smooth.
- Add the sugar, vanilla, and egg and process just until creamy and smooth (DO NOT over process).
- Spread the cream cheese filling evenly over the brownie layer.
- Spoon 16 small dollops (4 rows with 4 dollops of brownie batter in each row) of the reserved brownie batter evenly on top of the cream cheese filling. Run a knife or wooden skewer back and forth through the two batters until you have a marble effect.
- Bake in the preheated oven for about 30 minutes or until the brownies are set and the cream cheese is just beginning to brown. (A toothpick inserted into the brownie comes out with just a few moist crumbs.)
- Remove from oven and place on a wire rack to cool completely. Then cover and refrigerate the brownies until they are firm enough to cut into squares (several hours or even overnight).
- Once chilled, remove the brownies from the pan by lifting with the ends of the foil and transfer to a cutting board. With a sharp knife, cut into 16 squares. It is a good idea to have a damp cloth nearby to wipe your knife between cuts. These brownies can be stored in the refrigerator for several days. Serve cold or at room temperature.
Makes about 16 2-inch (5 cm) brownies.
I hope you like this post. If you do, please click on the “Like”button below or share this post with your friends. Thanks!
Try it and let me know how it goes. Feel free to share this recipe and let’s get the community baking!♥
Recipe Adapted from : Joy of Baking