This post is my first main dish post for my Spicy section. For the past 7 months , I had been posting mostly sweet stuff from my baking activities. I totally neglect my Spicy section, but not intentionally. I want to have my Sweet section settled first before I start my Spicy section. I think I am pretty much settled in my Sweet section, so it’s time for me to give my Spicy section the attention it deserve. Afterall, my blog was named Sweet & Spicy for a reason.
I am kicking off my Spicy section with this sun-dried Tomato and Chicken Fettucine Pesto. The main ingredients for this post are mostly homemade, I’m referring to the fettucine Pasta and Spinach Pesto. This recipe is my favorite recipe when using Pesto.
Homemade ingredients really makes a lot of difference. The Pasta and Pesto taste more fresh, the Pesto is not too oily. This recipe is so simple to make, even more if you decide to use store-bought pasta and pesto. If you have time, at least for the Spinach Pesto, make it. It’s very easy and it’s worth it. Let’s get started!
- Fettucine Pasta or any pasta you like.
- 1/4 – 1/2 cup Diced chicken Breast (or more if you like more meat)
- 4 tbsp Sliced Sundried Tomato in oil. I used Splendido brand
- 3 tbsp Olive oil . The pesto already have lots of oil, so be careful with this.
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
- 1/4 tsp Paprika
- 1 Clove minced garlic
- 1/4 cup Pesto (more or less, depending on your preference)
- 1/4 Chilli Flakes
- 1 tbsp Parmesan Cheese
If you do not like it spicy, just omit some of the peppers in the recipe.
- Cook pasta as per package instruction.
- Add oil, garlic and chicken in a heated pan. Saute until chicken is fully cooked.
- Add sliced sun-dried tomato.
- Add seasonings. Adjust to your preference.
- Add Spinach Pesto.
- Mix until it dissolve and start sticking to the chicken.
- Add the cooked pasta , carefully mix until the Spinach Pesto coats the pasta. Add more pesto as needed.
- Transfer in a bowl and sprinkle with Chilli Flakes and Parmesan Cheese.
Try it and let me know how it goes. Feel free to share this recipe and let’s get the community cooking!♥
by the way, I used my homemade fettucine pasta for this 🙂 Post coming soon. But basically , it’s the same dough recipe as Ravioli but I used my pasta machine fettucine cutter.