Last week, I made Chocolate Chip Skillet Cookie and Cream Cheese Brownie. This week, I made this Chocolate Chip Cream Cheese Bar, which was inspired by those 2 previous posts. I thought a combination of those 2 will be great, a mash up between a cookie and a cream cheese bar.
I love chocolate chip cookie on it’s own, and aside from Chocolate Chip Skillet Cookie , I also have the Soft and Chewy Chocolate Chip and Soft & Cakey Chocolate Chip Cookie recipes posted in my blog. So , this is another addition to those Chocolate Chip Cookie post. This is easy to make just like any Chocolate Chip Cookie recipe.
This Chocolate Chip Cream Cheese Bar has different things going on in it. The base layer is a Chocolate Chip Cookie dough, the middle layer is a Cream Cheese and chunks of dark chocolates, and finally the top is covered by another layer of Chocolate Chip Cookie dough and chunks of dark chocolates again. The texture is crunchy from the outside, while soft and creamy from the inside and a dark chocolate taste that offset the sweetness from cookie dough.
This can be served warm or cold, with milk or even coffee or tea. I cannot choose which one is my favorite because all options are great to go with this desert. It’s your turn to choose. Try it and let me know your favorite way of eating it. But, the only way to find out is if you will make this. So, have this is your next baking to do’s and let’s compare notes. Let’s get started, shall we?
- 1 batch of Chocolate Chip Skillet Cookie
- Cream Cheese Layer:
- 6 ounces full fat cream cheese (Approximately 3/4 of 1 bar of cream cheese) at room temperature
- 3 tbsp granulated white sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 3 tbsp egg
- Preheat oven to 350F.
- Prepare the 7 x 7 square pan by lining it with foil. This will make easy removal when you are ready to slice it. You can use other pan size, just adjust the baking time as needed. The top should start to brown and set, while the center is slightly soft.
- Make Chocolate Chip cookie dough. I used my Chocolate Chip Skillet Cookie recipe for this.
- Then, in the bowl of your food processor (or with a hand mixer), process the cream cheese just until smooth.
- Add the sugar, vanilla, and egg and process just until creamy and smooth (DO NOT over process). The consistency should still be thick and not too runny.
- Divide the cookie batter into 2
- Spread half of the cookie batter in the pan.
- Spread the cream cheese filling evenly over the cookie batter
- Cover the cream cheese layer with the remaining cookie batter. Don’t worry if it is not fully covered, just scatter the cookie batter on top. The cookie batter will spread once it bakes.
- Add more chocolate chips, or chocolate chunks.
- Bake for 35 – 40 minutes of until top should start to brown and set, while the center is slightly soft. Adjust as necessary as oven setting can vary.
Makes 16 squares
I hope you like this post. If you do, please click on the “Like”button below or share this post with your friends. Thanks!