I wished we have Strawberry all year round. Unfortunately, here in Vancouver, we only have the good ones during the summer. Summer is a great time for variety of fruits that can used for baking. I guess I have to accept that summer is long over, and stop buying strawberries for now. I recently bought a box of strawberries, I was disappointed to find out that most of the ones at the bottom are not fully ripe. This means, they are not good to have on its own, even for yogurt.
Well, I don’t want to throw them away, there’s quite a lot of them. Good news is, I did not have to throw them away, because I have my Strawberry Jam recipe to the rescue. I made them into Jams, perfect! All I need is a good amount of sugar, and they are turned into a wonderful Strawberry Jam that I can use for my toast.
I did not only used them for my toast, I used them for this Strawberry Shortbread Cheese Tart. Amazing! I love them, truly! I had made Chocolate Marble Shortbread Cheese Tart and Blackberry Shortbread Cheese Tart with this same recipe and they both turned out great. This is why this recipe made it to my blog, because it taste good, easy to make and very versatile. I can use whichever fruits are in season, or not in season. So, if you have any extra strawberries that you do not want to go to waste, do as I did, and make this recipe. You will not regret it, promise!
Let’s get started!
- Shortbread Crust
- Strawberry Jam (You can also use Raspberry Jam or Blackberry Jam) – I used my homemade Jams, a store-bought Jam will also work for this recipe.
- 250g (1 box) cream cheese – I used my Homemade Cream Cheese, but store-bought will work too
- 4 tbsp granulated white sugar
- 2 tbsp unsalted butter (room temperature)
- 1 egg (room temperature)
- 2 tbsp plain greek yogurt
- 3 tbsp all-purpose flour
- Make Shortbread Pie Crust
- Divide Shortbread Pie Crust into 6 equal sizes or if you are making a big pie, then no need to divide.
- Press the Shortbread Pie Crust pastry into 4.5″ diameter tart pan or any pan size you are using. Repeat for the remaining tart pan.
- Using a fork, prick some holes onto the pastry shell.
- Pre-bake Shortbread Pie Crust at 350F for 20-25 minutes or until light golden brown. Leave it to cool.
- To make filling, cream sugar, butter and cream cheese until light and smooth.
- Add in egg, mix until well combined.
- Add in yogurt and mix until well combined.
- Lastly add in flour and mix until well incorporated.
- Place 1 tbsp of Strawberry Jam onto the pre-baked Shortbread Pie Crust.
- Put the cheese filling into the baked pastry shells.
- Separate 1 tbsp of Strawberry Jam and add 1/4 – 1/2 tsp water to thin out the jam.
- Add small drops of thinned Strawberry Jam on top and swirl with toothpick to create a marbling effect.
- Bake at 350F for 15 minutes or until the cheese is no longer soft. Do not over bake as this will cause the top to crack. Please note that the bigger the pie pan you use, the longer baking time you need. Adjust baking time as needed.
Makes 6 mini 4.5 inches tart or one 6 or 8 inches tart
I hope you like this post. If you do, please click on the “Like“button below or share this post with your friends. Thanks!
Try it and let me know how it goes. Feel free to share this recipe and let’s get the community baking!♥