You will think twice to skip breakfast with this fun and interesting recipe. All you need is a french bread or baguette, or any kind of bread with hard shell and a variation of stuffings and toppings that you love to eat. I would like to introduce you to this breakfast boat. Its like pizza for breakfast, but with egg. I like making this breakfast boat because I can make different variations just by changing the stuffings and toppings. This breakfast is very filling, I guarantee you, this will keep you going and going. It’s a great breakfast for a busy day, this will surely have your back covered from being hungry before lunch.
Another good thing about this recipe is this is very flexible. You are not restricted to follow all the measurements. You can adjust it to your preference, add more or less toppings as you like. This will bring out your creativeness and will make breakfast something to look forward to. Let’s get started!
- 2 Baguettes (about 6 inch long)
- Cherry Tomato – as many or as less a you like
- 4 Medium-Large Eggs
- 1/4 cup Milk
- Salt, black pepper to taste
- 1/2 cup Sliced Mushrooms
- 4 tbsp Chopped Onions
- 1/4 cup Uncooked Spinach
- 1/4 tsp Dried Basil
- 1 tbsp Olive oil
- 1/8 tsp Chili Flakes
- 1/8 tsp Dried Parsley
Add in options: Cold cuts like ham, bacon, hotdog
- Take a baguette and using a sharp knife cut around the inner edges. Scoop out the crumb (the soft part in the middle) and make it look like a boat. You can take the whole middle part out or leave something in. This depends whether you prefer having more filling or you want to enjoy the soft part of the bread as well as the filling.
- Wrap the sides of the bread with aluminum foil. This will prevent the crust from burning and becoming too crispy and hard.
- In a heated pan, saute onion and mushrooms until the water from the mushroom is reduced. Add salt, black pepper, chili flakes and spinach.
- Cook for few more minutes until the spinach starts to wither, around 1-2 minutes.
- Beat the eggs and add milk. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Add into the egg and milk mixture the soft part in the middle of the bread that you remove in step 1.
- Mix until the bread absorbs the egg and milk mixture.
- Place the baguettes on a baking tray lined with baking paper.
- Pour the milk an egg mixture into the shell of the bread. Distribute evenly so that the entire bread has filling.
- Arrange mushroom and tomatoes on top of the bread.
- Finally, cover with cheese and sprinkle with dried parsley.
- Bake in a preheated oven at 180°C/350°F for 20-25 minutes or until the egg mix is set.
Tip: Do not throw the top portion of the bread that you cut, you can put your favorite toppings on it and bake then bake.
Try it and let me know how it goes. Feel free to share thi recipe and let’s get the community baking!♥