A chicken roll-up filled with bits and pieces of bell pepper, carrots and smoked sausage then simmered in a sweet salty sauce. Great for appetizer, entree or to go with salad. It is perfectly stuffed chicken roll-up.
Featured Video: Chicken Adobo
This Chicken Adobo is one of the traditional Filipino dish. It’s full of flavor, a nice thick reduced sauce and tender juicy chicken meat. Best of all, it cooks in less than 1 hour.
Are you looking for a new and fun chicken recipe? You are at the right place my friend, this recipe is for you. I am going to show you how I roll! Let it roll, let it roll, let it roll. This stuffed chicken roll-up recipe is one of my favorite because it is very tasty and a real crowd pleaser and very flexible too. I can make different variations of this recipe by just changing the stuffing.
This goes well with rice, plain of flavored like my Spinach Rice shown in this photo or with Tomato Pasta or Pesto Pasta, or with salad. Another thing I love about this recipe is I can actually prepare it ahead of time and store it in the freezer. Anything that I can prepare ahead of time is a for keeps recipe for me, so this one I am keeping and I am sharing it with you. Let’s get rolling!
- 2 Skinless Chicken Breast (or 3 Chicken Thighs) – Sliced thinly for rolling
- 1/4 tsp Salt
- 1/4 tsp Black pepper
- 1/4 tsp Paprika
- 1/4 tsp Cayenne Pepper
- 1/4 tsp Chilli Pepper
- 1/4 tsp Italian Seasoning or a combination of dried Basil, Oregano, Thyme
- String to tie the chicken
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1/4 tsp Italian Seasoning
Note : If you do not like this spicy, remove all the other peppers and stick to the salt and black pepper for seasonings.
- Sun-dried Tomato in oil
- Slightly cooked carrots – cut lengthwise
- Fresh Spinach
- Crumbled Feta Cheese
- Bell Pepper – cut lengthwise
- Hotdog – cut in quarters and lengthwise
- Ham – 1 piece ham for 1 chicken breast
The amount of filling you need depends on how big the chicken breast. The objective is to leave enough room to allow easy rolling of the chicken.
- Bacon, Ham, Turkey cold cuts
- Slice chicken thinly, like a butterfly cut.
- Season front and back side of the sliced chicken. Adjust seasonings to your preference.
- Arrange stuffing in the middle of the sliced chicken. Do not over stuffed as you might have difficulty rolling it.
- If you want to wrap the chicken bacon strips, this is the time to do it. Wrap sliced chicken with bacon before tieing it.
- Roll the chicken then tie it with a string.
- Set aside the tied chicken for 30 minutes or better yet overnight to allow the chicken to absorb the seasoning.
- Heat pan and add 2 tbsp oil (add more as needed). Pan seared the chicken. Do not remove the string.
- Keep flipping the chicken until all sides and the inside are fully cooked and browned.
- Set aside to cool.
- Remove and cut the strings.
- Cut into circles. Serve with rice, Quinoa, Pesto Pasta, Couscous or any of your favorite salad.
- [VIDEO] One-Pan Filipino Chicken Adobo
- Baked Doritos Crusted Chicken
- Chicken Tenders: Crispy and Not Greasy, So What’s the Secret?
- Creamy Tuscan Chicken with Spinach and Tomato
- Easy Sheet Pan Chicken Dinner
- [VIDEO] Mediterranean Chicken Pasta Salad
- Roasted Vegetable and Chicken Quinoa Bowls for Two
- Spicy Chicken Satay with Peanut Sauce
- Hawaiian Chicken Tacos
- [VIDEO] Grilled Mediterranean Chicken Skewers
- Chicken Wellington
- Spicy Chicken Potato Curry Empanada
- Chicken Mami (Chicken in Egg Noddle Soup)
- BBQ Pulled Chicken Puff Pastry Bites, Easy Holiday Appetizer
- One Pan Pesto Chicken with Asparagus and Tomato
- Stuffed Chicken Roll-Ups
- Spicy Thai Red Chicken Curry in Coconut Sauce
- Chicken with Tomatoes and Olives
My Latest Video
Thank You for visiting my website. Please don’t forget to click the “Like” button below if you like this recipe. Lastly, did you know that I have a YouTube Channel? Please support my channel by clicking on the “Subscribe” button in my video and the “Bell” icon to get notification of new videos.