My Other Soup Videos:
If you are looking for other soup to make, checkout my Soup Video collection. All the recipes are in my website. Keep yourself warm. Enjoy!
Cheers to the season of soup and more soup. I am excited to share with you my second favorite soup, Creamy and super delicious Tomato Basil Soup. I have to admit that I never had Tomato Basil Soup until the first time I went to Disneyland in California. They have Tomato Soup meal with Grilled Cheese and it was amazingly delicious! I immediately fell in love with this soup. I had this soup almost everyday that I was there, and still cannot get over it.
When I came back from my vacation, I still have that Tomato Soup in my mind. Every time I eat out, I looked for Tomato Soup in the menu and I ordered it. Sad to say, I never had the luck to find something as good as the one in Disney.
I had decided to stop looking for it, and start making my own. I had several attempts, and none of them I could consider something that I would be proud of sharing with someone, until I made this Creamy Tomato Basil Soup.
I wouldn’t say that this is as good as the one in Disney, but I am happy with it. It taste good, it’s creamy but it still retains the taste of tomato and basil. I added chilli peppers to give it a little kick, and that sealed the deal for me. So, if you are looking for a super delicious Tomato Soup recipe, this is the one. Trust me, I tried several recipes and so far this is the best among the rest. Let’s get started!
- 2 tbsp butter
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 clove of garlic, grated or finely minced
- 2 tbsp all-purpose flour
- 2 cups vegetable or chicken stock
- 2 cups canned diced tomatoes in juice
- 1/4 cup Fresh Basil , chopped
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 1/4 cup Grated parmesan cheese
- 1/2 – 3/4 tsp Salt
- 1/2 tsp Pepper
- 1/2 tsp Chili Flakes
- 1 tbsp sugar
- Heat a large pot over medium heat. Melt the butter, then add the chopped onions. Add salt and pepper. Saute the onion about 8 minutes until they turn translucent, stirring occasionally. Add in the garlic and cook for 30 seconds, or until fragrant.
- Sprinkle in the flour, and stir to cook the flour for 1 minute. Will look like a paste. Slowly stir in the vegetable or chicken stock, whisking the whole time so the flour doesn’t clump. Then add the canned tomatoes and basil. You can either transfer to a slow cooker and cook over low for 4 hours or high for 2 hours, or cook it on the stove top by bringing it to a boil, about 30 minutes, then cover and reduce heat to low and cook for another 30 more minutes. The consistency will start to thickens.
- Remove the lid, and either use an immersion blender or stand blender (careful when blending hot liquids in a stand blender!). Blend until the soup is creamy. Then stir in the parmesan cheese and heavy cream. Heat soup for another 5-10 minutes, or until the cheese is melted and the soup is warm. Taste for salt and pepper. Serve warm.
- Leftovers will keep for 1 week in an airtight container. Freezes beautifully. See notes for freezing tips.
Good to know:
If you’re planing to freeze the soup, after blending it with a blender, scoop out the amount of soup you want to freeze BEFORE adding the cheese and heavy cream.When you are ready to eat it, bring to a boil then add cream and parmesan cheese. This will keep frozen in an airtight container for 6 months.
If you like this post, kindly give that “Like”button below a click, or leave me a comment. I would love to hear from you
Try it and let me know how it goes. Feel free to share this recipe and let’s get the community cooking!♥
Recipe Adapted from: Taste Lovely with my own modifications.
Checkout my other soup recipes and keep yourself warm ♥
- Baked Butternut Squash Soup
- Baked Mushroom Soup
- Chicken Mami (Chicken Noodle Soup)
- Curried Butternut Squash Soup
- Creamy Mushroom Soup
- Creamy Tomato Basil Soup with Parmesan
- Egg Drop Corn Soup
- French Onion Soup
- Mexican Chili
- Minestrone Soup
- Roasted Tomato Basil Soup
- Sweet Potato and Corn Chowder