How To Make This 4 Ingredients Pie Crust, Watch Now
Just because summer is over doesn’t mean we cannot have pie anymore. As the saying goes, “I f there’s a wheel, there’s a way”. Besides, summer might be over here in Vancouver, but certainly not in where you are. So, go ahead make a this pie and enjoy it.
Although there are more fresh fruit options in season during the summer, from time to time, there are also some nice fruits that shows up in the grocery. Maybe they are not at as sweet as when it is in season, but it’s good enough to make it into a pie, like this Peaches and Cream Rustic Peach Pie. Worst comes to worst that you cannot find fresh Peaches, you can substitute it with canned Peaches.
I like this type of pie because its more like a free form pie, and I get to have a thicker pie crust which I love. Peach is my favorite pie, followed by Strawberry and from time to time, Apple. Thank you to my Homemade Pie Crust, I am able to make pie more often than I used to. You can do the same too! Let’s get started!
- Homemade Pie Crust or store-bought Pie Crust
- 4 tbsp cup granulated white sugar
- 4 cups Fresh Peaches cut into small pieces. If peaches are not in season, you can use canned peaches, just make sure to fully drain and remove the syrup.
- 1 tsp confectioners sugar/icing sugar
- 1/8 tsp salt
- extra granulated sugar for sprinkling on top before baking
- Whipped Cream – Optional
- Salted Caramel Sauce or Honey – Optional
- 1 tbsp Confectioners or icing sugar for dusting
- Wash and, if needed, rub the peaches to remove any fuzz. If you are using canned peaches, skip this step. Instead, drain and remove syrup of the cannes peaches before using. Leave it in a strainer for at least 1 hour, I normaly leave it overnight. Too much syrup will make the pie crust soggy when baked.
- Cut the peaches in half, remove the pits, and cut into thick 1 inch (2.5 cm) wedges (slices). If you are using canned peaches, skip this step.
- Place the peach slices in a large bowl and season with the salt.
- Then add the sugar and gently toss to combine. If you are using canned peaches, skip this step.
- Arrange the peach slices on the pastry, placing them as close together as you can, without overlapping the slices too much. Leave about 2-inch (5 cm) wide outside border. Scrape any remaining sugar from the bowl and drizzle over top of the peaches.
- Gently fold the edges of the pastry up and over the peaches, pleating as necessary. Make sure to seal any cracks in the pastry.
- Sprinkle with white or brown sugar before baking.
- Serve warm or cold. Dust with confectioners sugar before serving. If you are using Whipped Cream, let the pie cool completely, then drizzle with honey or Salted Caramel Sauce.
Makes 8 individual tarts: You can vary the size depending on your preference and adjust baking time as necessary.
Please don’t forget to click on the “Like”button if you like this post, or leave me a comment. I would like that even more. Thanks!
Enjoy! If you make this, share and tag me in Instagram #SweetNSpicyLiving. I would like to see your creations too.
My Latest Video
Thank You for visiting my website. Please don’t forget to click the “Like” button below if you like this recipe. Lastly, did you know that I have a YouTube Channel? Please support my channel by clicking on the “Subscribe” button in my video and the “Bell” icon to get notification of new videos.