Busy days call for a simple one pan recipe like this one. This recipe is so easy to make and one of my favorite one pan recipe, just like my One Pan Spicy Mexican Quinoa. Although this is a very simple recipe, it is full of flavor and taste. Don’t under estimate the power of one pan recipe my friend. One thing I also love about this is it is very flexible.
You can use any of your favorite vegetables , just toss and mix them together. You can eat it with steamed rice, or noodles too. No rice, no noodles? No problem! This is a meal on its own already, sometimes I add mix vegetables and I just eat this on its own. Yummy! Let’s get started!
- 1/2 tsp lemon juice
- 1/2 tsp soy sauce
- 1/8 tsp cayenne pepper
- 1/2 tsp white sugar
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp chopped fresh basil (optional)
- 1 small fresh chili chopped or 1/2 tsp chili flakes
- 2 tbsp tsp olive oil
- 1 clove of garlic – minced
- 300g shrimp (head removed)
- 1 tbsp melted butter
- 1/2 Large Zucchini cut into half round – Can also be substituted with Carrots, Broccoli, Bell Peppers , Cauliflower or mix assorted veggies.
Note: For a bigger batch, double of triple the recipe and adjust seasonings and spices as desired.
- Marinade Shrimp: In a small bow, marinade shrimp with lemon juice, soy sauce, cayenne pepper, sugar, salt, basil, chili flakes and 1 tbsp olive oil. Set aside for at least 15 minutes.
- Heat the pan in medium heat, add 1 tbsp oil, butter and stir until butter is melted. Add minced garlic and saute until just fragrant but not crispy. Add the marinated shrimp and zucchini and cook until shrimp is no longer translucent and zucchini is cooked to your preference. Season to taste and adjust as needed.
Serves 1-2 people.
Please don’t forget to click on the “Like” button below if you like this post, or leave me a comment. I would like that even more. Thanks!