There are 7 layers of ooey gooey treat in this 7 Layers Bar. This have Graham as base, followed by shredded coconut, chocolate chips, nuts, toffee crunch, condensed milk and white chocolate chips. With all these 7 layers , you get crunch, texture, loads of chocolate and slight caramel flavor. Isn’t it a real treat?
This bar is one of my go to bar when I want to make something quick and easy. This is the recipe when I want to bring something to a gathering but do not have the luxury of time to spend baking. This is the recipe for days when I feel like baking something, but do not want the do a lot of cleanup that goes with baking. This is the bar that I had been wanting to share with you because you deserve a simple , quick and easy to make treat that will truly satisfy your sweet cravings. Are these enough reason for you to make it? I hope so! Let’s get started!
- 1/2 cup (113 grams) unsalted butter, melted
- 1 1/2 cups (150 grams) graham cracker crumbs (or crushed Digestive Biscuits)
- 1 1/3 cups (90 grams) sweetened or unsweetened flaked or shredded coconut
- 1 cup (170 grams) dark chocolate chips – divided
- 1 cup (100 grams) chopped walnuts or pecans
- 1 – 14 ounce can (396 grams) sweetened condensed milk
- 1 cup (170 grams) of butterscotch chips
- 1/4 (43 grams) cup white chocolate chips – optional
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (177 degrees C) and place the rack in the center of the oven. Lightly butter or spray with a non stick cooking spray a 9 x 9 inch (23 x 23 cm) square baking pan.
- Melt the butter and pour it evenly over the bottom of your pan.
- Sprinkle the graham cracker crumbs evenly over the butter.
- Sprinkle the coconut over the crumbs.
- Sprinkle 3/4 cup of chocolate chips over the coconut.
- Sprinkle the nuts over the chocolate chips.
- Sprinkle Butterscotch Chips or Toffee Crunch
- Finally, evenly drizzle the sweetened condensed milk over all the ingredients. Do not mix the ingredients together, just layer them.
- Bake in the preheated oven for about 30 to 35 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the middle of the squares comes out clean.
- Remove from oven and sprinkle remaining 1/4 chocolate chips and 1/4 white chocolate chips on top.
- Return to oven for another 5 minutes or just until the chips are slightly melted.
- Remove from oven. Let cool on wire rack then cut into squares. Store in the refrigerator. These bars can be frozen. It is better to cut the bars into squares before putting it in the fridge. If you decide to put it in the fridge and cut later, reheat for 20 – 30 seconds in microwave to soften it a bit or in the oven for 10 minutes.
Try it and let me know how it goes. Feel free to share this recipe and let’s get the community baking!♥
Recipe Adapted from : Joy of Baking with my own modifications