I love going grocery shopping. Grocery is like a mall to me, I can wander around for hours just checking stuff (that I don’t even need). I have a list of the things I need to buy so that I can go straight ahead to the isle and grab it. That is the “happy path”, which often times do not happen.
I’m pretty sure that at least once in your life, you experienced going into the grocery hoping to buy only few items and ended up paying for items not even in your list. This happened to me quite a few times, maybe a lot of times. Sometimes its impulsive buying (because I’m hungry!), sometimes I find new interesting items that I would like to try, like this Brussels Sprouts!
I discovered this cute little vegetable that resembles like a cabbage, and now, this is one of my favorite vegetable. This is very easy to prepare, and it taste good for something so simple. It can be steamed, buttered, saute, baked, roasted and grilled. It has a nutty flavor, with slight natural sweetness and smokey taste from grilling. I find this a great side dish or mix in with salad, or even as something to eat on its own. Give it a try. Let`s get stated!
- 1 pound brussels sprouts
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper or chili pepper
- 1/4 cup balsamic vinegar
- 2 tbsp brown sugar or 1 tbsp honey
- Heat grill to medium.
- Cut off the stem end of the Brussels sprouts and remove any yellowing outer leaves.
- Place the Brussels sprouts into a large, microwave safe mixing bowl. Add 1/4 cup of water and heat in the microwave on high for 3 minutes.
- Drain and let cool for few minutes.
- For the dressing: Mix balsamic vinegar, olive oil, salt, pepper, and honey or brown sugar. Pour over cooled brussels sprouts. Toss to combine.
- Skewer 5 to 6 brussels sprouts onto each skewer with the stem ends facing in the same direction. Set aside the leftover dressing for later use.
- Place the skewers onto the grill. Cover and cook for 8 minutes.
- Turn the skewers over and continue to cook for another 8 minutes.
- Remove from the grill and drizzle again with the leftover vinegar mixture.
My Latest Video
Thank You for visiting my website. Please don’t forget to click the “Like” button below if you like this recipe. Lastly, did you know that I have a YouTube Channel? Please support my channel by clicking on the “Subscribe” button in my video and the “Bell” icon to get notification of new videos.