Today is my beloved mother’s 71st birthday. Just like my usual away birthday celebration, I made her (which I will end up eating myself) a Mango Shortbread Tart.
My mom is an amazing cook so she has a tendency to be picky when it comes to food. Sometimes it is very challenging to look for places where we can take her to eat. Thank you to my brother’s resourcefulness, he always managed to find a place that she likes. I was thinking of what to make for her birthday, and went back to recall her favourite desserts. She likes fruit desserts, like the Blueberry Cheesecake which I also made for her for their 49th years wedding anniversary.
Another dessert that she loves and she often bought when she visited my sibling in Manila, Philippines is a Mango Cake. She love anything with mango and so for a change, I thought of making her a Mango Tart this time. Perfect timing, because it’s already spring and I saw beautiful ripe Mango being sold in the supermarket. Well, that’s a clear sign for me, Mango dessert it is!
I love Shortbread and for me, there is nothing better than making a tart with Shortbread crust. I love the smooth, buttery and creamy texture of shortbread and I find it perfect and a good combination with pastry cream and fresh thinly sliced mangoes. Oh so yummy!! And the best part of making this tart, I can make the shortbread crust and mango pastry cream ahead of time, which is what I did. This left me only to do the assembly and decorating the top of the tart with mango slices.
This tart is loaded with freshness from the mangoes, and creaminess and smooth silky texture from mango pastry cream and last bit not the least, a shortbread crust that is alone a dessert in its own. I love this tart, I hope you’ll love it too. Let’s get started!
- Shortbread Crust
- Pastry Cream
- 2 Large Ripe Mango – sliced
- 3 tablespoon Mango Puree
- 1/2 tablespoon Honey – optional
- Pre-heat oven to 350F.
- Prepare the Shortbread Crust. I used 6-inch tart pan for this recipe. You can use up to 7 – 8 inches but not bigger as the crust will be too thin already.
- Bake crust for 30 minutes. If you are using a tart pan bigger than 6-inch, bake for 20 – 25 minutes only.
- Prepare Pastry Cream. Add 3 tbsp of mango puree and mix until combine. Pass through a strainer to remove lumps. Chill in the fridge.
- Thinly slice mangoes.
- Spread 1/4 – 1/2 cup Pastry Cream at the bottom of the baked Shortbread Crust.
- Arrange sliced mangoes on top.
- Drizzle with honey – optional
Make ahead tip:
- Shortbread Crust can be prepared ahead of time. Mold in the pan then freeze and bake when ready to use.
- Pastry Cream can be prepared 3 days in advance. Keep in refrigerator.
Serves 6. I used 6-inch pie pan for this one, so my crust is a little bit thicker. You can also use a larger tart pan.
Before you go, please click on the “Like” button below if you like this post, or leave me a comment. I would like to hear from you.♥
Try it and let me know how it goes. Feel free to share this recipe and let’s get the community baking!♥
My Latest Video:
- Mango Coconut Rice Pudding Parfait
- Peach and Mango Crisp
- Peach and Mango Pie for Two
- Raspberry and Mango Smoothie
- Mango and Pistachio Pound Cake
- Papaya and Mango Smoothie
- Overnight Mango and Banana Oatmeal Smoothie
- Overnight Mango Oatmeal Smoothie
- Mango Creamsicle
- Coconut and Mango Chia Seed Pudding
- Mango and Coconut Cake
- Simply Mango Galette
- Strawberry and Mango Salad
- Mango Frozen Yogurt
- Mango Lassi
- Strawberry Mango Slushie
- Mango Coconut Frozen Yogurt
- Mango Sticky Rice
- Mango Custard Tart
Quote of the Day
“A mother’s love for her child is like nothing else in the world. It knows no law, no pity, it dates all things and crushes down remorselessly all that stands in its path.”
―Agatha Christie, “The Last Séance”
Thank You for visiting my website. Please don’t forget to click the “Like” button below if you like this recipe. Lastly, did you know that I have a YouTube Channel? Please support my channel by clicking on the “Subscribe” button in my video and the “Bell” icon to get notification of new videos.
FOLLOW SWEETNSPICYLIVING ON SOCIAL MEDIA
Leave a Reply