Easter is getting closer and closer and I am also getting closer and closer to finishing my simple and easy Easter Treats ideas post. Few days ago, I shared my Easter Chocolate Bark. That was incredibly adorable and simple, not to mention it can be made ahead of time.
Today, I made another fun and colorful and simple treat. I wouldn’t let this occasion pass without having to include this in my Easter treat. I have a Thin and Fudgy Brownie recipe, it was so easy and it tasted so good so I decided to use it for this Easter treat idea. Brownie is one of the basic treat when it comes to baking. You have probably made one before, so this will be easy breezy for you. If you haven’t, then this will be a good start to get introduce to a simple brownie recipe.
This is another small batch recipe, but since it is very fudgy, this makes even perfect for a bite size serving. Everybody will get a share of the brownie, without feeling too overwhelmed with the fudgy texture. Besides, I love making different kind of treats for Easter, and this recipe being a small batch will give me the chance to make other treats too. This treat is very easy to make, so let’s get started!
- 4 tbsp unsalted butter, diced
- 1/2 cup + 1 tablespoon granulated sugar
- 1/4 cup + 2 tablespoons unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 large egg
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup M&M candies or any toppings you prefer
- Preheat the oven to 350F and line a loaf pan with parchment paper.
- Melt the butter in a microwave-safe bowl, 30 – 45 seconds.
- Add sugar and cocoa powder and mix until combined.
- Microwave for another 30 seconds.
- Stir the mixture very well, and then add the salt and vanilla. Stir for 1 minute to cool the mixture. The mixture is going to be thick and grainy, this is normal. This will turn into a smoother batter once the egg is added.
- Next, add in the beaten egg, and stir until incorporated. This stage, you should have a smoother and more fluid batter.
- Finally, add the flour, and stir for 50 strokes! Could be more, but not less. This is the only chance for you to mix it thoroughly. This is the one that will give the brownie the shiny cracked top. At this stage, you should have a thicker smooth batter.
- Spread the batter into the prepared pan, sprinkle the M&Ms on top (or any toppings you prefer)
- Bake until a toothpick inserted comes out with fudge crumbs clinging to it. The surface of the brownies is shiny when done and starting to crack.
- Pan size: 8.5 x 4.5 inch loaf pan: 30 minutes
- Pan size: 5 x 5 inch square pan: 40 – 45 minutes
- Pan size: Mini muffin pan: 22 minutes (makes 10 mini muffin size)
- Let cool completely in the pan, and then lift out using the parchment paper.
- Slice and serve.
Note: Baking time depends on the pan size you are using, adjust as necessary. The bigger and wider the pan, the thinner it will be and less time is needed. The smaller the pan, the thicker it will be and will require more baking time. Adjust in 5 – 10 minutes increments.
If you were inspired by this recipe, kindly click on the “Like” button below or Share it with your friends. Thanks!
Try it and let me know how it goes. Feel free to share this recipe and let’s get the community baking!♥
- How To Freeze Cookies (Bake and Unbaked)
- How To Store Cookie Properly So They Last Longer
- Let it Roll! 6 Amazing Swiss Roll Cakes for the Holidays
- Holiday Cookie Platter, The More The Merrier 🙂
My Other Videos:
My Latest Video
Thank You for visiting my website. Please don’t forget to click the “Like” button below if you like this recipe. Lastly, did you know that I have a YouTube Channel? Please support my channel by clicking on the “Subscribe” button in my video and the “Bell” icon to get notification of new videos.