Happy Easter! Come get the eggs!
I saw this bread when I was looking for treats to make for Easter, and I thought why not? I love bread and I have an All Around Dinner Roll Bread recipe that would be perfect for this Italian Bread, so I decided to give it a go.
Although most of the Italian Easter Bread actually uses real hard-boiled and dyed egg, I used a chocolate egg for mine. I don’t want to dye eggs, and besides, who doesn’t like an extra chocolate egg for Easter?
I also stuffed the bread with my Purple Yam Jam, although you can make it plain. Orange or Lemon flavors would be a nice options too.
I made one huge bread, but this can be made into smaller portions. This is not just an Easter bread, this bread can be made for any occasion, even just on a regular day. Let’s get started!
- All-Around Dinner Roll Bread
- Purple Yam Jam or Nutella for filling – optional
- Chocolate eggs or real hard-boiled and dyed eggs
For the glaze:
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 2-3 tablespoons whole milk
- Rainbow nonpareils
- Prepare the All-Around Dinner Roll Bread
- Prepare Purple Yam Jam (if using). This can be prepared ahead of time.
- Divide the dough into 2 equal portions, and form this into a long log (about 12 -14 inches).
- Useing a rolling pin, flatten the dough about 3-inch width and spread filling inside, Roll again to close and seal the edges.
- Braid the two log together and then tie the end together to for a round shape braided bread.
- Leave for 1 hour before baking.
- Bake in a pre-heated oven at 350F for 25-30minutes.
Makes 2 large breads or 6 small breads
Whisk together the powdered sugar and milk until smooth and creamy. Add in more milk if consistency is too thick. Use a pastry brush, brush the glaze onto the top and sides of the bread, and sprinkle on the rainbow nonpareil. Store leftovers in an airtight container at room temperature for up to 3 days. Enjoy!
Thank you for visiting my website. If you like this post, kindly click on the “Like” button below or share this post with your friends.
Poem of the Day
Hallelujah! Christ Arose! (Margaret Cagle)
Furry bunnies and Easter eggs
Are for children to have fun,
But will they hear the story
Of God’s holy resurrected Son?
Baskets and chocolate bunnies
May also enter the Easter scenes,
But let’s make sure the children
Know what Easter really means.
Christ Jesus died for our sins,
But that’s not the end of the story.
He arose from the dead and the grave
Before He soon went back to Glory.
The Easter season is a good time
To let Jesus’ light shine through.
Tell others that He died for us,
And that He was resurrected too.
Yes, the Savior died for everyone.
This is what I have already said,
But praise God! And hallelujah!
He also rose up from the dead!
May God bless us all at Easter.
It is a happy time of the year,
When we celebrate the Resurrection
Of our precious Savior so dear.
Happy Easter to Everyone ♥♥