I love french fries especially when they are still hot and crispy. The perfect moment for me is when it just got out of the fryer, and sizzling hot. Perfect for dipping and dunking into my favorite ketchup. Yes, I am a ketchup person. I love to use ketchup for french fries, hot dogs, scrambled eggs, and pizza. Oh so good! Although I don’t get to eat french fries as much, I have days when I still crave for it.
I had been avoiding deep-fried foods whenever I can, although sometimes bad days and bad times calls for all the bad stuff, like french fries. This is one of my comfort food, and I cannot helped but to give in to it. By the time I finished eating it, I felt guilty. I shouldn’t, I know, but it just comes naturally for me to be guilty.
The guilt feeling totally destroys the fun of enjoying the food. I am a strong believer that food are meant to be enjoyed. I don’t just eat for the sake of eating. I wait to be hungry before I eat, I ate my foods slowly, I stopped when I am almost full and I ate small portions at a time. All of these, because for me food are meant to be enjoyed, not just eaten to satisfy my hunger or to fill my stomach.
This is why I thought of making this Baked Potato Wedges, they are seriously 100% better than deep-fried French fries. Incredibly crispy, crunchy and flavorful. The herbs, seasonings and parmesan cheese enhances the taste and gave the potato wedges a huge edge from the salted french fries. Last but not the least, they are bake not fried, so I get to enjoy them more without feeling guilty. Since they are not fried, they don’t feel heavy with oil so I can eat more. I know its still potato, no matter how I cook it, but at least it’s not fried. This is a very simple recipe, Let me show you how. Let’s get started!
- 1 Large Russet Potato – cut into wedges
- 1/4 tsp Paprika
- 1/4 tsp Cayenne Pepper
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp mix dried herbs ( I used Basil, Oregano, Thyme, Rosemary, Marjoram,Sage, Parsley)
- 1/4 cup Parmesan Cheese (divided. Set aside 2 tbsp for sprinkling on top)
- 2 tbsp Olive Oil
- 1 tsp garlic powder (Adjust according to your preference)
- Preheat oven to 350F and line a baking try with parchment paper.
- Wash potato and dry with paper towel.
- Cut potato into wedges. Do not peel the skin.
- Add olive oil, salt, dried herbs and parmesan cheese.
- Mix until spices and cheese are distributed into the potato.
- Arrange potato in the baking tray and sprinkle the top with remaining parmesan cheese.
- Bake for 45 minutes or until the top is browned and crunchy.
Serve immediately while hot. Enjoy!
- Leftover can be stored in a ziplock bag in the freezer. When ready to eat, bake at 350F for 10 – 15 minutes. No need to thaw.
- Meat Free Monday: Asparagus and Tomato Greek Salad
- Roasted Buttered Baby Carrots
- Beets and Carrot Salad
- Small Batch Cheesy Zucchini Tots
- Baked Asparagus Fries
- Meat Free Monday: Cauliflower Fritters
- Meat Free Monday: Baked Mashed Potato with Sauteed Mushroom
- Meat Free Monday: Small Batch Mini Twice Baked Potato & Cheese Pie
Enjoy! If you make this, share and tag me in Instagram #SweetNSpicyLiving. I would like to see your creations too.
My Latest Video
Thank You for visiting my website. Please don’t forget to click the “Like” button below if you like this recipe. Lastly, did you know that I have a YouTube Channel? Please support my channel by clicking on the “Subscribe” button in my video and the “Bell” icon to get notification of new videos.