After a long time of looking and for easy and all around bread recipe, I finally got one. And guess what? I just cannot stop using it! It’s so easy and simple to make that I actually stopped buying my bread at the grocery. It is truly amazing that I can use this simple bread dough recipe into almost anything I want, including this cheesy Garlic Herb Monkey Bread.
I have no idea why this is called Monkey Bread, but I love it. This like a pull apart bread baked in bundt pan. It can be sweet and savory like this one. This is the kind of bread I like to make for friends because it’s really nice for sharing, and I love pulling them apart to see the melted cheese inside. I can play with different variation like adding some meat stuffings, adding some pasta sauce and more!
Since I love cheese and herbs bread, I thought ok making this one first before I do the others. I am really excited about this, and I cannot wait to make other variations. But for now, let us just focus and enjoy this cheesy Garlic Herb Monkey Bread. Let’s get started!
- Bread Dough: I used my All Around Bread Recipe and added Italian Seasonings to the flour mixture.
- 1 tbsp Italian Seasonings – If you don’t want any herbs in your bread, you can omit this or replace it with any herbs that you prefer
- 400 grams cheese – Cheddar and mozzarella
- 3 Large Fresh Jalapeno Peppers – sliced in small portions
- Sausage, Ham – optional
Note: I only made 1/2 portion of the my All Around Bread Recipe, this is basically a half batch recipe.
- Prepare the bread dough. I used my All Around Bread Recipe and added 1 tbsp Italian Seasonings into the flour mixture.
- Divide into 24 portions. I used my kitchen scale, you can eye-ball it if you do not have one. You can adjust the portions depending on the size of pan you are using.
- Cut and dice cheese , jalapeno pepper and sausage or ham (if using any). Set aside 100 grams of cheese (grated) for sprinkling on top later.
- Stuff each portion of bread dough with cheese, jalapeno and sausage or ham (if using any).
- Fold and seal properly. Form into a small ball.
- Spray pan with oil, or brush with melted butter. You can use any size of pan, I used a bundt pan of size 6-inches.
- Arrange the bread balls until the pan is 3/4 full.
- Sprinkle top with remaining cheese.
- Leave for 1 hour in a warm place before baking.
- To help the dough rise better, I put it inside the oven which I pre-heated to 110F. Once it reached the 110F, I stopped/canceled it. DO NOT forget to stop it, you only want the oven to warm up for the dough to rise, you do not want to dough to be baked. Some oven has a proofing setting, mine doesn’t, so this is my trick.
- Take out the bread dough.
- Pre-heat oven to 350F.
- Bake for 30-35 minutes of until top tuns brown.
- Store leftover in airtight container. This could last at least 1 week.
Makes 2 6-inches bundt pan size.
I hope you like this post. If you do, please click on the “Like”button below or share this post with your friends. Thanks!