I’ve made it a point to include vegetables in my every meal (if possible) I had always been on the look or simple and easy vegetable recipes. I like strolling in the vegetable isle of the supermarket to see if there any new vegetable that I can try or just simply to get inspiration on what to make next. This beautiful baby carrots always never failed to get my attention, and I often ended up getting at lest a bunch of this. I like how thin they are and how naturally sweet they are. They make cooking it so much easier and eating it so much fun. Sometimes I just steam this and add it on my salad, but today I thought I will do more than just steaming it. It’s not like it would take hours to roast or bake them, so why not take an extra effort. After all, the oven will be the one doing hike job more than me. Perfect timing because I just made a fresh batch of homemade Tzatziki, what could be better than this two together. They’re a match made in heaven, a little healthier combo that is nice to pair with any protein or my favorite Salmon. If you do not want it use butter, olive oil work as good and a lot more healthier. Double or triple this recipe and serve it as side dish along with some corn on the cob (my favorite) and you are good to go. You’ll be the goddess of the dinner table for all the praise that you will receive.
Carrot is one very versatile vegetable. There are so may options to enjoy it, You can eat it raw, roasted, steamed or buttered. You can mix it with with my salad, or add to savory dishes, or eat it raw and dipping it in salad dressing, or as a side for meat or fish dishes. Best thing about carrots, it is always on season and always on a reasonable price. So, eating healthy from time to time is not really expensive. You just have to pick the right vegetable.
This recipe is very simple and a nice side dish. I even eat this on its own as a snack. This is very easy to prepare and make, the most that you would do is cleaning it. You just have to season it and then let the oven do all the work for you. After few minutes, you got a nice sweet bake carrots that you can enjoy. Let’s get started!
What kind of carrots can I use to make roasted baby carrots?
There are several variety of carrots that you use to make this recipe, but I do encourage You to use fresh carrots and not the mini carrots that are frozen. This classic long tapered roots, I believe is called “Imperator Carrots”. You can use other variety, but stick to the long and thin ones. this kind of carrots bake faster and are more suitable for roasting as a whole.
Ingredients to Make Garlic Roasted Baby Carrots
- Carrots – Use the long thin variety of carrots, and use the fresh one if possible. Fresh baby carrots have a nice sweetness in it which is always better than the frozen one. I only used 1 bunch, you can definitely double or triple it, along with the garlic butter mixture.
- Butter or Olive Oil – I used butter for better flavor as butter and garlic in my option is always a perfect match. You can use olive oil as well if you want this to be even more healthier
- Salt – to taste and to intensify the garlic butter mixture
- Garlic – for flavor
- Italian Seasoning – to add freshness. You can substitute this with any dried herbs like Oregano, parsley, thyme, rosemary or a combination of all
How do you make garlic butter roasted baby carrots?
Oh dear it is so very simple. This one of the easiest side dish that you can make that is always well received by people. Simply mix the garlic butter mixture and microwave to melt the butter then brush the baby carrots with the mixture. Arrange in a tray and bake or roast until tender to your liking. You’re DONE! how about that?
- 1 bunch baby Carrots, tops trimmed to 2 inches
- 1/8 tsp Salt
- 1/8 tsp Pepper
- 1 tbsp butter or Olive Oil
- 1/4 tsp dried Italian Seasoning
- 1 Garlic clove – minced
- Pre-heat oven to 350F. Line the pan with parchment paper
- Wash and thoroughly clean the carrots. Wipe with paper towel to dry.
- Melt the Butter: In a small bowl, add butter, garlic, salt, pepper and Italian seasoning. Microwave for 30 seconds or until the butter is melted.
- Season the Carrots: Place carrots in a single layer onto the prepared baking sheet. Brush with garlic butter mixture.
- Bake/Roast: Place into oven and bake/roast for 35 – 40 minutes or until knife can pass through the carrots. Please note that the size of the carrots could also affect the baking time. Adjust as necessary.
My Latest Video
Thank You for visiting my website. Please don’t forget to click the “Like” button below if you like this recipe. Lastly, did you know that I have a YouTube Channel? Please support my channel by clicking on the “Subscribe” button in my video and the “Bell” icon to get notification of new videos.