I need something to balance my craziness with sweet treats, and eating more veggies and fruits is my way of doing it. I have to admit, when I was young and before I moved here in Canada, I was not really a fan of vegetables. But then, I was not also as crazy with sweets as I am now. Now, I love eating veggies, just like I love eating sweets. Having said this, one of my favorite vegetable is Carrot.
Carrot is one very versatile vegetable. There are so may options to enjoy it, I can eat it raw, roasted, steamed or buttered. I love mixing it with my salad, or cooking it with savoury dishes, or eating it raw and dipping it in salad dressing, or as a side for meat or fish dishes. Best thing about carrots, it is always on season and always on a reasonable price. So, eating healthy from time to time is not really expensive. You just have to pick the right vegetable.
This recipe is very simple and a nice side dish. I even eat this on its own as a snack. This is very easy to prepare and make, the most that you would do is cleaning it. You just have to season it and then let the oven do all the work for you. After few minutes, you got a nice sweet bake carrots that you can enjoy. Let’s get started!
- 12 baby carrots, tops trimmed to 2 inches
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- 1 tbsp butter or olive oil
- 1/8 tsp dried parsley
- Pre-heat oven to 350F. Lightly oil a baking sheet or coat with nonstick spray.
- Wash and thoroughly clean the carrots. Wipe with paper towel to dry.
- Place carrots in a single layer onto the prepared baking sheet. Brush with butter and season with salt and pepper, to taste. Gently toss to combine. sprinkle dried parsley on top.
- Place into oven and bake/roast for 15 minutes. I like mine still crunchy, if you prefer it soft, increase baking time to 30 – 35 minutes or until knife can pass through the carrots. Please note that the size of the carrots could also affect the baking time. Adjust as necessary.
If you were inspired by this recipe, kindly click on the “Like” button below or Share it with your friends. Thanks!
Try it and let me know how it goes. Feel free to share this recipe and let’s get the community baking!♥