It’s time to go toothy fruity again, because it’s Summer!! It was a long wait, but now Summer is finally here. Since we do not have long Summer in Vancouver, I make sure I enjoy the most of it doing outdoor activities and baking more summery treats that uses fresh fruits.
Berries are one of the fruits that comes out during Summer, and when it is in season, they really are good and sweet. Strawberry is the most common, along with Mango, Blueberry, Blackberry and Cherry. Berries are fantastic for baking, especially with Cake, Pie, Tart, Jam, Muffins and Bread like this Strawberry Banana Loaf Bread.
I love this recipe because it is a quick bread recipe. No mixer needed, and just the basic mix the wet ingredients, mix the dry ingredients then combine both mixture. It is so easy, but it really taste great. A great breakfast bread for busy morning.
This bread has a soft and moist texture inside with the crunchy and perfectly browned craked top. This is perfect not only for breakfast, but also for snack or even lunch paired with salad.
So, if you are looking for a quick breakfast or snack sweet bread, this is the one. It is so simple, you can even bake it at night and re-heat it when you are ready to eat it. Good as fresh! Let’s get started.
- 1/4 cup unsalted butter, melted
- 1 large egg lightly beaten
- 1/2 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1 large ripe bananas, mashed (about 1/2 cup)
- 1/2 cup fresh strawberries (cut into bite sized pieces)
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 80 grams light brown sugar
- 3/4 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/8 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon (2.5 grams) salt
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (177 degrees C). Place the oven rack in the center of the oven. Line loaf pan (8 x 4 inch (20 x 10 cm) with parchment paper extending to the sides of the pan. You can also lightly butter or spray loaf pan with a vegetable spray. A bigger loaf pan or a muffin tin can also be use but you have to adjust the baking time.
- In a small saucepan melt the butter. Let cool to room temperature.
- In a medium-sized bowl whisk together the eggs, vanilla extract and mashed banana. Add the melted butter and stir to combine.
- In another large bowl combine the flour, sugar, baking powder, baking soda, cinnamon, and salt. Gently fold in the berries, making sure they are coated with flour. (This helps to prevent the berries from sinking during baking.) Add the wet ingredients to the dry ingredients and stir only until the ingredients are just combined. Do not over mix the batter or tough bread will result.
- Pour the batter in the prepared loaf pan or muffin tins.
- Place in the oven and bake until a tester inserted in the center of the loaf comes out clean.
- 8 x 4 inch Loaf Pan: 45 to 50 minutes.
- Medium size muffin tins: 20 – 25 minutes
- Transfer to a wire rack to cool. Can be stored for a few days at room temperature.
Makes 12 slices
Try it and let me know how it goes. Feel free to share this recipe and let’s get the community baking!♥
Recipe adapted from Joy of Baking