These Muffins are moist and soft and bursting with fresh blueberries, but the best part is that this is very easy to make. Perfect for breakfast or snack, or even as addition for dinner meals. Let’s get started!
- 1 large egg, lightly beaten (1 large egg is normally 4 tbsp)
- 1/2 cup plain Greek yogurt or sour cream (full fat or low-fat)
- 1/3 cup or 5 1/2 tbsp flavorless oil (coconut, vegetable, canola, safflower, or corn oil)
- 1/2 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 1 cup whole wheat or all-purpose flour or combination of both
- 1/4 cup + 2 tbsp granulated white sugar
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp baking soda
- 1/8 tsp salt
- 1/2 cup fresh or frozen blueberries (If using frozen, do not thaw)
Oats Streusel Topping (Optional)
- 1 tbsp cold butter (cut into cube or grated,use a large grater)
- 1 tbsp palm sugar or brown sugar
- 1 tbsp crushed oats
- 1 tbsp whole wheat flour or all-purpose flour
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (177 degrees C). Position rack in center of oven. Butter or line 6/12 muffin cups with paper liners.
- In a large bowl whisk together the wet ingredients: lightly beaten egg, yogurt, oil, and vanilla extract.
- In another large bowl whisk the dry ingredients: flour, sugar, baking powder, baking soda, and salt.
- Gently stir in the blueberries. With a rubber spatula, fold the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients and stir only until the ingredients are combined and moistened. As always, DO NOT over mix to avoid tough muffin. The batter will be thick, this is normal.
- Evenly fill the muffin cups with the batter, using two spoons or an ice cream scoop. Add blueberry jam or fresh blueberries in the center and then cover with another layer of batter. Fill muffin cups 3/4 full.
- Sprinkle streusel toppings on top (if using).
- Place in the oven and bake until a toothpick inserted in the center of a muffin just comes out clean. Transfer to a wire rack and let cool for about 10 minutes before removing from pan.
- Big Muffin (4 pieces): bake for 35 minutes
- Medium Muffin (5-6 pieces): 15 – 20 minutes
To prepare the Streusel Toppings: In a small bowl, mix butter, palm/brown sugar and whole wheat/all-purpose flour. Use your hand to crumble them together. It’s ok to have small pieces of butter, it will melt once it starts to bake.
This blueberry muffins really made my day. Try to spread a little butter while it is still warm. It was really good! I think I am going to make another batch of this very soon again.
Looking for other muffin inspirations? I have a lot in my website, here are some of them. Check them out!
- Chocolate Zucchini Muffin
- Carrot and Raisins Muffin
- Classic Cornbread Muffin
- Brown Butter Chocolate Chip Muffin
Here’s a short video on How to Make Chocolate Ganache Without Heavy Cream.
Before you go, please click on the “Like” button below if you like this post, or leave me a comment. I would like to hear from you.♥ Don’t forget to subscribe.