Featured Video: Strawberry Streusel Yogurt Muffin
This muffin is soft and moist, a very easy muffin to make with very simple steps and basic ingredients. Check it out.
These Muffins are moist and soft and bursting with fresh blueberries, but the best part is that this is very easy to make. Perfect for breakfast or snack, or even as addition for dinner meals. Let’s get started!
- 1 large egg, lightly beaten (1 large egg is normally 4 tbsp)
- 1/2 cup plain Greek yogurt or sour cream (full fat or low-fat)
- 1/3 cup or 5 1/2 tbsp flavorless oil (coconut, vegetable, canola, safflower, or corn oil)
- 1/2 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 1 cup whole wheat or all-purpose flour or combination of both
- 1/4 cup + 2 tbsp granulated white sugar
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp baking soda
- 1/8 tsp salt
- 1/2 cup fresh or frozen blueberries (If using frozen, do not thaw)
Oats Streusel Topping (Optional)
- 2 tbsp cold butter
- 2 tbsp brown sugar
- 2 tbsp crushed oats
- 2 tbsp all-purpose flour
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (177 degrees C). Position rack in center of oven. Butter or line 6/12 muffin cups with paper liners.
- In a large bowl whisk together the wet ingredients: lightly beaten egg, yogurt, oil, and vanilla extract.
- In another large bowl whisk the dry ingredients: flour, sugar, baking powder, baking soda, and salt. Gently stir in the blueberries making sure the blueberries are coated with flour. This will help avoid the blueberry from settling at the bottom of the pan.
- Wet Ingredients + Dry Ingredients: With a rubber spatula, fold the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients and stir only until the ingredients are combined and moistened. As always, DO NOT over mix to avoid tough muffin. The batter will be thick, this is normal.
- Evenly fill the muffin cups with the batter, using two spoons or an ice cream scoop. Add blueberry jam or fresh blueberries in the center and then cover with another layer of batter. Fill muffin cups 3/4 full.
- Add toppings: Add 4-5 pieces of blueberry on top then sprinkle streusel toppings (if using).
- Bake: Place in the oven and bake until a toothpick inserted in the center of a muffin just comes out clean. Transfer to a wire rack and let cool for about 10 minutes before removing from pan.
- Big Muffin (4 pieces): Bake for 35 minutes
- Medium Muffin (5-6 pieces): 15 – 20 minutes
To prepare the Streusel Toppings: In a small bowl, mix butter, sugar, oats and all-purpose flour. Use your hand to crumble them together until it becomes a coarse crumb that clump together when you squeeze it in your palm. It’s ok to have small pieces of butter, it will melt once it starts to bake.
Looking for other muffin inspirations? I have a lot in my website, here are some of them. Check them out!
- Chocolate Zucchini Muffin
- Carrot and Raisins Muffin
- Classic Cornbread Muffin
- Brown Butter Chocolate Chip Muffin
- Nutella Swirl Banana Muffin
- [VIDEO] Small Batch Strawberry Streusel Muffin
- Chocolate Chip Banana Yogurt Muffin
- Nutella Swirl Banana Muffins
- Small Batch White Chocolate Banana Muffins
- Strawberry Swirl Banana Muffins
Thank You for visiting my website. Please don’t forget to click the “Like” button below if you like this recipe. Lastly, did you know that I have a YouTube Channel? Please support my channel by clicking on the “Subscribe” button in my video and the “Bell” icon to get notification of new videos.
My Latest Video