I so love this Dulce DeLeche Ice Cream so much! It’s so creamy, so smooth and it’s proudly homemade without even using any ice cream machine. How is that to start with? I am obsessed in making homemade ice cream, I make them almost every week with whatever flavor comes into my mind.
I’ve made quite a lot of homemade frozen dessert lately, but when it comes to ice cream, I often make the whipped cream based ice cream. They are the easier homemade version, quick and easy. But sometimes, it’s always worth going an extra mile for something special, like this custard based Dulce DeLeche Ice Cream. I thought this would be a better version because Dulce DeLeche is sweet and the custard base will somehow balance the sweetness of the ice cream. I am going for something with a light caramel flavor, but still with the same smooth and creamy texture.
Well, this ice cream definitely have it all. The caramel flavor, the smooth and creamy texture with just the right sweetness. This is just the perfect texture I have in mind because I intend to pair this with my chocolate custard cake.
If you are not into caramel flavor, I have other options that you could choose from. These are all homemade and no ice cream machine needed.
- Coffee Fudge Ice Cream
- Purple Yam Ice Cream
- Mango Ice Cream
- Avocado Pistachio Ice Cream
- Mango Tango Frozen Yogurt
- Strawberry Banana Frozen Yogurt
- Cantaloupe Sorbet
- Peaches and Pineapple Sorbet
- Fruit Medley Sorbet
- 1/2 cup Dulce DeLeche or Homemade Salted Caramel Sauce – If you want a stronger caramel and sweet taste, increase the portion.
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1 batch Custard Pastry Cream
- Homemade Salted Caramel Sauce – for drizzling (optional)
- Add the heavy cream to a large bowl. Check How to whip cream successfully for tips on how to do it. Using an electric mixer set to medium speed, beat until stiff peaks form. Turn the speed to low and slowly pour in the Dulce DeLeche or Homemade Salted Caramel Sauce. Turn the speed back up to medium and beat until thickened.
- Transfer to a freezer-safe container.
- Freeze for at least 6 hours, overnight recommended.
- Scoop and serve with Homemade Salted Caramel Sauce (optional).
Try it and let me know how it goes. Feel free to share this recipe and let’s get the community cool and breezy!♥