When I started making my own hummus, I got hooked making it. I wasn’t familiar with hummus until I moved here in Canada. The community is so diverse that there’s quite a lot of different restaurants offering different cuisine. The first time I had hummus, I didn’t even know what it was, but I liked it. Then when I started baking and experimenting making new foods, I decided to explore the world of hummus. This is when I first made my Spicy Morrocan Hummus which motivated me to try different flavor and variation. I had always love red bell pepper hummus, so I had decided to add this is my hummus collection. I love using hummus as dips for my Foccacia Bread, vegetables, crackers , chips and even as spread for my Avocado and Hummus Breakfast Toast and sandwiches. It is a lot better and healthier alternative than using mayonnaise or any other heavy cream based dips. This hummus has a very smooth texture, with a slight spicy kick. Let’s get started!
- 1 can Chick Peas (540ml, 19oz)
- 1 cup roasted bell pepper (roasted fresh, grilled or bottled) If using bottled, make sure to drain it well. Note that roasted or grilled bell peppers have less water content, add more oil or tahini as needed. I used bottled bell peppers for this recipe.
- 3 tbsp cup Olive Oil
- 1 clove Garlic
- 1 1/2 tbsp Fresh Lemon Juice
- 1 tsp Salt
- 5 tbsp Tahini (Sesame Paste)
- 1/2 Cumin
- 1/2 tsp Black Pepper
- 1 tsp Cayenne Pepper
- 1 tsp Chili Pepper
- 1 tsp Paprika
- 2 large chili – If you do not like it hot, omit or decrease this ingredient.
- Wash and drain chickpeas. Remove the skin for a smoother hummus texture.
- Put all ingredients in the food processor.
- Process until texture becomes smooth, around 3-4 minutes.
- Transfer in container. Scoop several small batch and add tsp olive oil after every scoop, ending with olive oil on top.
You can adjust the consistency by adding more oil for a thinner hummus.
I hope you like this post. If you do, please click on the “Like”button below or share this post with your friends. Thanks!
Try it and let me know how it goes. Feel free to share this recipe and let’s start eating healthy!♥