When I started making my own hummus, I got hooked making it. I wasn’t familiar with hummus until I moved here in Canada. The community is so diverse that there’s quite a lot of different restaurants offering different cuisine. The first time I had hummus, I didn’t even know what it was, but I liked it. Then when I started baking and experimenting making new foods, I decided to explore the world of hummus. This is when I first made my Spicy Morrocan Hummus which motivated me to try different flavor and variation. I had always love red bell pepper hummus, so I had decided to add this is my hummus collection. I love using hummus as dips for my Foccacia Bread, vegetables, crackers , chips and even as spread for my Avocado and Hummus Breakfast Toast and sandwiches. It is a lot better and healthier alternative than using mayonnaise or any other heavy cream based dips. This hummus has a very smooth texture, with a slight spicy kick. Let’s get started!
- 1 can Chickpea (540ml, 19oz)
- 1/2 cup Roasted Bell Pepper (roasted fresh, grilled or bottled) If using bottled, make sure to drain it well)
- 2 tbsp Olive Oil
- 2 cloves Garlic
- 1 tsp Salt
- 3 tbsp Tahini (Sesame Paste)
- 1/4 tsp Cumin Powder
- 1 large Fresh Chili – If you do not like it hot, omit or decrease this ingredient.
- Wash and drain chickpeas. Remove the skin for a smoother hummus texture.
- Put all ingredients in the food processor. Process until texture becomes smooth, around 3-4 minutes.
- Transfer in container. Scoop several small batch and add tsp olive oil after every scoop, ending with olive oil on top.
You can adjust the consistency by adding more oil or water for a thinner hummus.
- Spicy Morrocan Hummus
- Jalapeno Cilantro Hummus
- Bell Pepper Hummus
- Spinach and Feta Hummus
- Avocado Cilantro Hummus
- Moutabel – Mediterranean Spicy Egg Plant Dip
- Classic Chickpea Hummus
Enjoy! If you make this, share and tag me in Instagram #SweetNSpicyLiving. I would like to see your creations too.
My Latest Video
Thank You for visiting my website. Please don’t forget to click the “Like” button below if you like this recipe. Lastly, did you know that I have a YouTube Channel? Please support my channel by clicking on the “Subscribe” button in my video and the “Bell” icon to get notification of new videos.