I am not really a donut person, but when my donut craving hits me, I must have it. I would be thinking of it everyday and night until I gave in to it. It’s a torture! Can you imagine working, seeing and thinking donuts? Or going or a run or going to the gym and imagining having donut at the end of the workout? This is what’s been happening to me lately, and I decided it had to stop at some point. Solution, just give in to it and get it over.
The thing is, it’s not just a regular donut that I was craving for. I was craving for bake (not fried) Churros donut. The kind of donut that is coated with cinnamon sugar and dip in decadent Chocolate Ganache. Oh so delicious!
This donut is a mash-up between Bake Churros and Cinnamon Sugar Donut. It has a heavier donut texture as compared to my Chocolate Donut or Blueberry Donut but it is as good as any of the bake donuts I had posted in my blog. Since it is baked, it doesn’t feel and taste greasy. Let’s get started!
Small Batch Ingredients (Makes 6 medium donuts)
- 3 tbsp (40g) butter, melted and cooled
- 3 tbsp (37g) granulated white sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 egg
- a pinch of salt
- 1/8 teaspoon cinnamon
- 3/4 cup + 4 tbsp (100g) all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/3 cup (100ml) milk
- Chocolate Ganache
Big Batch Ingredients (Makes 16- 18 medium donuts)
- 1/2 cup (4oz/120g) butter, melted and cooled
- 1/3 cup (2½oz/75g) granulated white sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 3 eggs
- a pinch of salt
- ½ tsp cinnamon
- 2 cups (5oz/300g) all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 1/3 cup (320ml) milk
- Chocolate Ganache
Cinnamon Sugar Coating
- 1/4 cup (2 oz/60g) melted butter or 1/4 cup milk
- 1/2 cup (40z/120g) granulated white sugar
- 2 tbsp cinnamon (reduce or increase to how strong you want the cinnamon flavor)
For a smaller batch, divide the ingredients into half.
- Preheat the oven to 350F.
- In a large bowl combine the flour, sugar, cinnamon, baking powder and salt.
- In a separate bowl whisk together the eggs, milk, vanilla and melted cooled butter.
- Gradually add the dry ingredients into the wet until evenly combined with no lumps leaving you with smooth pourable batter.
- Spray donut tin with oil then spoon or pipe the batter into the tin. Place in a oven and bake for 10 -12 minutes until firm to the touch. The color will remain whitish and not brown, but as long as it is already firm, it is done.
- Remove from the oven and cool for about 5 minutes before turning out onto a wire rack.
- While the donuts are cooling make the toppings – In a small bowl, melt 1/4 cup butter. In another small bowl mix together the sugar and cinnamon and put in a small ziplock bag and set aside.
- Next make the Chocolate Ganache
- To assemble your donuts – Quickly dunk each cooled donut into the melted butter or milk. The butter/milk is just to give the donut moisture so that the cinnamon sugar will stick. This will not make the donut soggy as you are not submerging it for a long time.
- Put the donut one at a time in the ziplock with cinnamon sugar. Shake until each donut is completely coated on all sides.
- Once all of your donuts have been coated in cinnamon sugar dip the top half in the chocolate ganache making sure to generously coat with chocolate. Enjoy!
My Latest Video:
- Small Batch Bake Churros Donut
- Baked Strawberry Donut
- Baked Blueberry Donut
- Snickerdoodle Donut Hole
- Baked Chocolate Donut
Thank You for visiting my website. Please don’t forget to click the “Like” button below if you like this recipe. Lastly, did you know that I have a YouTube Channel? Please support my channel by clicking on the “Subscribe” button in my video and the “Bell” icon to get notification of new videos.
FOLLOW SWEETNSPICYLIVING ON SOCIAL MEDIA