I love mini desserts! They made me feel I’m not eating enough at all, like I’m being the good girl I should be when it comes to eating sweet stuff. But who am I kidding? I’ve always been bad when it comes to sweet indulgence, they are the source of my simple pleasures in life. So, I had decided that I will carry on and enjoy them while I can. I am thinking if my sweet addiction will decrease as time goes by, I should probably say when I get older, now there’s the honesty. I hope not, but I am assuming that it would eventually force me to reduce my sweet eating habits, by how much I don’t know. I guess only the weighing scale could answer that, which I am keeping to myself.
Actually, I made this Mini Pecan Pie for a friend of mine, but I get to grab few pieces for myself to enjoy. She loves pecan pies like this is the only dessert left on earth. To be specific, she loves anything with caramel and pecan pie has that kind of flavor. This is so easy to make, and best thing about it is you can make this ahead of time and freeze it, that is if you can resist eating it. The buttery crust, the salted caramel taste, and the crunch and texture from the pecans is totally irresistible. Good luck on fighting the urge so sneak something for yourself.
You can use store-bought pie crust or you can make your own. I have my Homemade Pie Crust Recipe, they are so easy to make. So no need to rush out to grab it from the grocery, you can make it and be a proud baker of homemade pecan pie.
Pecan pie are normally sweet, because it’s basically just sugar. Sugar in form of brown sugar, and another sweeter like honey, corn syrup or maple syrup. Just thinking that all of this will be in this mini pie shell made me not want to eat them. This is why I made this pecan pie with less sugar and sweeter as possible. This pecan pie is not too sweet, just the perfect sweetness that you will love. Since there is less honey, the pecans stands out more.
I was worried at first that it won’t turn great, but it did not only turned out great, it was amazing!! I can literally keep this entire batch to myself without struggling to finish it. But since I want to share how great this turned out, I shared it with my friends. To make it even better, I melted dark chocolate on top to balance whatever sweetness that you can still find in this pie. But if you don’t feel like chocolate, feel free to skip it. It’s amazing as it is anyway, but double amazing is always better for me, and that’s what chocolate always did for me. Now, let me show you how I did it. Let’s get started!
- 1 pie crust (store-bought or homemade)
- 2 tbsp honey/corn syrup
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 1 and 1/2 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans
- Chocolate Ganache without heavy cream – optional
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- On a lightly floured surface, roll the pie dough out into a 12-inch circle. Using a 2 1/4-inch cookie cutter (or glass), cut out 12 circles from the dough. Place each piece of dough in each muffin cavity of a 12-count mini muffin pan, making sure each piece comes up the sides just a little bit (you may need to stretch the dough just a bit). Transfer the muffin pan to the refrigerator while you making the filling.
- In a mixing bowl, mix together the corn syrup/honey, brown sugar, melted butter, egg, and vanilla extract until fully combined; then mix in the chopped pecans. Remove the muffin pan from the refrigerator. Evenly distribute the filling (about 1 full tsp) between all 12 muffin cavities, making sure the pecan pie filling does not come up over the edges of the dough.
- Bake at 350°F for about 20-25 minutes or until the filling is set. Remove from the oven and cool in the pan for about 10 minutes. Carefully remove the mini pecan pies from the muffin pan and transfer to a wire rack to cool completely.
Makes 14 mini pecan pie
If you like this recipe, you might also like my Mini Caramel Apple Tarts, they are as good as this one. Mini apple pie that you can eat in one bite! Here’s a sneak peek of how it looks like. Gorgeous!! Check it out.
Mini pecan pies may be frozen for 2-3 months in a freezer bag or container. Thaw overnight in the refrigerator, then bring to room temperature on the counter before serving or re-heat in the oven at 350F for 8 minutes.
Before you go, please click on the “Like” button below if you like this post, or leave me a comment. I would like to hear from you.♥
Try it and let me know how it goes. Feel free to share this recipe and let’s get the community baking!♥