It’s Meat FREE Monday!
It’s Meat Free Monday once again. No matter how much I love my sweets, I have to have my veggies too. It’s not me forcing myself to eat veggies, I truly and sincerely enjoy eating them. Vegetables are the good guys that balances my sweet tooth diet. As a kid, I do not remember myself loving vegetables this much. I ate select few vegetables and it’s no big deal if they’re absent in the table (sometimes I was even happy if I don’t see them). Now a days, my meals are not complete if I don’t have a little bit of vegetable on my plate, raw or cooked.
I am more open now to different kind of vegetables, I am even excited exploring the fresh produce aisle to find new vegetable that I could try. Since I cook my own meals, the best part is I get to cook it the way I like it, or even eat it fresh. Vegetables could be filling and when paired with a nice bread, it could be a meal on its own. I love eating them fresh as salad, but if I’m not eating it fresh, I’ll have them either grilled like my Grilled Brussels Sprouts, or baked/roasted, steam or in a stew like this one. I particularly like doing a mix and match among my favorite vegetables, add a little bit of seasonings and leave it alone in oven or stove top to cook.
This vegetable stew is very filling and pack with all healthy stuff to keep me going the rest of my day. This is a very flexible recipe, mix and match what ever vegetable you like and it wouldn’t make that much difference. I guess the important thing about vegetable is choose what you enjoy and cook it the way you like it, this way you enjoy eating. Let’s get started!
- 1 small onion (Approximately 75 grams) – chopped
- 2 cloves garlic – minced
- 1 small eggplant (Approximately 133 grams) – diced
- 1 small Zucchini (Approximately 176 grams) – diced
- 1 small Sweet Potato (Approximately 145 grams) – diced
- squash (Approximately 194 grams) – diced
- 1 small Tomato (Approximately 125 grams) – diced
- 2 tbsp sugar
- 3/4 tsp salt ( I used fine salt)
- 1/3 cup tomato sauce or canned diced tomato
- 1/2 tsp chilli flakes
Note: This is a very flexible recipe. Feel free to mix and match vegetables that you like.
- Pre-heat oven to 300F.
- Saute garlic and onion until fragrant and translucent.
- Add all vegetables, salt, chili flakes, sugar and tomato sauce or canned diced tomato. Mix to distribute seasonings.
- Transfer into an oven safe pan and cover with aluminum foil. Bake for 1 1/2 hour. At 1 hour time, take-out from the oven and stir. Return to the oven for another 30 minutes. If you do not want to use the oven, you can also continue cooking the stew in stove top. Simmer until all vegetable are cook through. Adjust seasonings as desired.
Serves 4 -5
Thank You for visiting my website. If you like this recipe, kindly click on the “Like” button below. Thanks!
Try it and let me know how it goes. Feel free to share this recipe and let’s get the community into eating healthy!♥