Hmmm… can’t get enough of my Mexican Chili. Chili here, chili there, chili everywhere. Yes, I’m literally having my crazy Chili moment and using it to whatever I can think of. So far so good, to the point that I decided to create a series of post dedicated to creative use of Chili. Aside from enjoying it on it’s own, there are several and interesting ways that you can enjoy the Chili. Believe me, once you try them, you wouldn’t look at Chili the same way again.
I used the same Mexican Chili recipe when I made my Chili Zoodles which I love so much. If you haven’t tried it yet, this is the time to give it a go. Don’t worry if you do not have a spiralizer, I added there the manual hack I used to do to make Zoodles without spiralizer. It’s so easy you wouldn’t even think twice of making it.
This week, the spotlight goes to this Cheesy Chili Stuffed Zucchini Boat. I’ve always wanted to make this but never got the chance to do it. I thought this is a perfect way to use my homemade Chili, and I was right. Let me count the ways why Chili is the better filling rather than a regular sauteed minced meat.
- Chili already has a lot of flavor and taste. There is really no need to do additional seasonings or flavoring.
- Chili has thick sauce that penetrates the skin of Zucchini as it bakes, which means tons of flavor again. With Chili, its always about flavor.
- Chili has more than just minced meat. It has variety of vegetables and seasonings, and when it comes to stuffing Zucchini, you shouldn’t settle for something but the best. Remember, zucchini on its own doesn’t have taste, so you need to use a stuffing that is loaded with flavr and taste to avoid making it bland.
I hope I had given you enough reason to try to use Chili to stuff your zucchini. If I haven’t, just look at the photo that might give you additional push to consider making this recipe. This recipe is really, really good. trust me on this. Let’s get started!
- Homemade Mexican Chili
- 1 medium size Zucchini (Try to find an even shape zucchini)
- 1 cup shredded Cheddar Mozzarella Cheese
- 1/2 cup Marinara Sauce – optional
- 1 tsp olive oil
- Make the Chili: I have a Homemade Mexican Chili recipe which is perfect for use as pasta sauce. You can also use other type of Chili if you want to. Chili can be made ahead of time and stored in the refrigerator or freezer. If taken from the freezer, thaw then re-heat before using.
- Prepare the baking dish: Pour marinara sauce in the baking dish. Spread the marinara sauce to cover the entire baking dish.
- Prepare the Zucchini: Cut Zucchini in half and carefully scrape the center of zucchini. I used spoon to scoop out and scrape the center. Do not throw the zucchini meat, reserve for use later. Transfer cleaned zucchini in prepared baking dish.
- Stuffed the Zucchini: Brush the inside of Zucchini with olive oil. Chopped into small pieces the zucchini meat that was removed and mixed it with the Chili. Stuff the zucchini with Chili. Fill the center about the same level as the edge of the zucchini.
- Add Toppings: Sprinkle and cover top with shredded cheese.
- Bake: Pre-heat oven to 350F and bake for 20-25 minutes or until cheese starts to melt and turns slightly brown.
- Take out from the oven and garnish with dried parsley and paprika (optional)
- Chili Zoodles
- Baked Mexican Chilli Bruschetta
- Meat Free Monday: White Beans with Spinach and Tomato
- Small Batch Mexican Chili
- Meat Free Monday: Small Batch Vegetarian Mix Beans Chili
My Soup Collection Videos
Thank You for visiting my website. Please don’t forget to click the “Like” button below if you like this recipe. Lastly, did you know that I have a YouTube Channel? Please support my channel by clicking on the “Subscribe” button in my video and the “Bell” icon to get notification of new videos.