This 4 ingredients Slushie is one good way to cool off the heat of summer. It’s all fresh, natural and refreshing.
Im loving this lovely summer weather for so many reasons and one of them is this toothy fruity Slushie or smoothie if you are more familiar with that. It’s so good and so easy to make that it’s getting really dangerous for me getting close to this drink. I recently discovered that this smoothie not only kept me cool and refreshed, it also gave me the energy when I go for a run. For one, it kept me hydrated and at the same time it gave me energy from mango and strawberry. It’s like eating fresh fruits but in liquid form. This smoothie is single serve but feel free to double or even triple it. This is not a strict recipe, you can totally adjust it to your preference especially in terms of sweetness. I only added 2 tbsp honey but I could probably push it to 3. I say use sweet ripe Mango and Strawberries so that you don’t have to use too much sweetener. Use 2 tbsp as starting point then adjust from there depending on how ripe the fruits your using.
Frozen Fruits Please
This is important so that you get the icy smooth texture without having to use extra ice because this recipe do not use ice at all. Adding ice and liquid will make the purée fruits less concentrated and we want to make this taste as much fruits as possible.
For the liquid, you can use water or apple juice. Apple juice has a sweetener already and this will give the smoothie extra sweetness as compared to using water. You can also try to use orange or pineapple juice to give it a tropical taste. Pineapple juice will slightly make the taste sour so you might need to add more sweetener at least for the strawberry portion because both have citrus flavor. Anyway, there’s no right it wrong here, make it to your preference and use the recipe as a guide. I had these tips summarize below.
Things To Remember:
- Use only frozen fruits
- Adjust sweetener depending on the sweetness of the fruits
- The choice of liquid to use also affects the sweetness, adjust sweetener measurement as needed
Lets get started!
- 1 large ripe mango – chopped and frozen
- 125g strawberry – chopped and frozen
- 2 tbsp honey (divided: 1 tbsp for Strawberry portion and 1 tbsp for Mango portion)
- 1 cup water or apple juice (divided: 1/2 cup for Strawberry portion and 1/2 cup for Mango portion)
- Strawberry Slushie: Pour 1/2 cup water/apple juice, add frozen strawberry and 1 tbsp honey (or more as desired) in a blender. Process until smooth. Set aside while you make Mango portion.
- Mango Slushie: Pour 1/2 cup water/apple juice, add frozen strawberry and 1 tbsp honey (or more as desired) in a blender. Process until smooth.
- Assemble: Transfer both slushie in a glass and pour alternately.
Recent Video – Grilled Shrimp and Sausage with Vegetables
Thank You for visiting my website. If you like this post, kindly click on the “Like” button below. You can also leave me a comment, or share the recipe please.