This Grilled Mediterranean Chicken Skewers has a very nice herb fresh flavor and a lightly lemony taste. It shouts summer to me.
In general, Summer or no Summer, this skewer is something that I like to make as part of my daily meals. It pairs well with salad, bread or with rice. So whatever season were in, this Mediterranean Chicken keeps me company. But of course, when it’s Summer, I take the opportunity to grill it, because I love everything grilled. The smokey taste gave the dish a nice taste that I don’t get when I cook using the oven or stove top. But it’s Summer so we’re grilling this.
I was trying a small piece when I was grilling this and I was so happy on how the marinade flavor turned out. It’s flavorful, the lemon taste is very light and nice but I can really taste it in every bite of the chicken pieces. I did not even have to use a dipping sauce because it already taste good on its own. Instead, I paired it with my Homemade Classic Hummus and some tortilla bread on the side. So good, it’s a meal on its own.
I had some vegetables added in the skewers but it will also work just fine if you want to have it all chicken skewers, more meat for you to enjoy. Give it a try and let me know how it goes. Let’s get stared!
- 1-2 medium size boneless chicken breast – cubed
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 2 tbsp lemon juice
- 1 garlic clove minced or 1/4 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/8 tsp pepper
- 1/4 tsp dried oregano
- 1/4 tsp dried basil
- 1/2 small zucchini
- 1 small red/green bell pepper
- 1 small red onion – diced
- 6 skewers
- Make the Marinade: In a small bowl, add olive oil, lemon juice, garlic, salt, pepper, dried oregano and dried basil. Pour over the chicken, cover and refrigerate for at least 30 minutes – 1 hour, overnight recommended.
- Prepare the Skewers: If using wooden skewers, submerge the skewers in a water for at least 1 hour. You can also leave it overnight. If you do not have to do that, you can also wrap the end of the skewers with aluminum foil to prevent it from getting burn while grilling.
- Thread the Chicken: Thread the chicken and vegetables in the order that you prefer. You can also opt for no veggies and all chicken only skewers. Brush top with olive oil and sprinkle with paprika pepper.
- Grill: Clean and pre-heat the grill. Grill the chicken until cook through. Brush chicken with the marinade when you flip it to keep it moist.
Alternative Cooking Option: Stove Top
- In a heated pan, add 1 tsp of olive oil. Cook the diced chicken for about 8-10 minutes. Add choice of vegetables and season to taste. The length of cooking time could vary depending on the size and thickness of the chicken, adjust as necessary.
Reminder: NEVER grill a frozen chicken. If you decide to freeze the chicken with the marinade, thaw the chicken in the refrigerator before grilling it.
Serves 2 -3
Thank You for visiting my website. If you like this recipe, please click on the “Like” button below or leave me a comment. Thanks!