Fresh, ripe, juicy and crunchy. This is what you could expect from this Peaches and Mangoes Crisp.
What is a “Crisp”
A “Crisp” is a baked fruit dessert with crispy toppings, hence the name. The topping is normally made of crumble flour, butter and sugar, sometimes with rolled oats and some toasted or shaved nuts. It is often interchangeable with a “crumble” which is also the same concept as having a crumble crispy toppings and underneath a choice of fresh or frozen fruits. “Crisp” is more like American style dessert, while a “Crumble” is of British origin but the concept of how they are made also almost the same. Crumble can be sweet and savory, although the sweet version is the most popular and common one.
I had been waiting for this moment, I had been wanting to making this Mango and Peach Crisp for as long as I can remember. Actually, I had been dying to make crisp, crumbles and cobblers all year-long, not just this recipe. Almost anything were I can use and bake fresh fruits. I could have done it anyone of the year, but I really want to use fresh fruits instead of canned fruits and so I waited, and waited for Summer to come, and I’m just glad that Summer finally arrived. I have so many summer treats stored for us, so stay with me and let’s make out Summer filled with delicious mouth-watering treats.
So this Mango and Peach Crisp, it’s so good!Some people call it crumble, some call it crisp but either way you call it, you will always end up with this heavenly Summer treat. It’s sweet and tangy, its soft warm fresh, and it got a nice “crisp” and crunch on top, then there goes a generous scoop of ice cream on top. It’s definitely a Summer MUST try dessert. I hope you’ll give it a try, and I promise you will not regret it.
- 2 Ripe Mangoes – cut it cubes
- 2 Ripe Peaches – sliced
- 2 tbsp granulated sugar (more or less depending on how ripe and sweet the fruits)
- 1 tbsp cornstarch
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup rolled oats
- 3 tbsp butter
- 2 tbsp brown sugar
- 2 tbsp white sugar
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/4 cup shaved or chopped almonds – optional
- Make the Base Fruit Filling: Wash, remove the skin and cut Mangoes and Peaches. Transfer in a bowl then add 2 tbsp sugar and cornstarch. Stir to combine. Taste your fruits, you may need to increase the sugar depending on how ripe and sweet the fruits.
- Make the Topping: In a separate bowl, add flour, rolled oats, brown sugar and white sugar. Mix to combine. Add cold cubed butter and using a pastry cutter or fork, press the butter until it is down to almost a pea size. You can also use your fingers to crumble the mixture. Add shaved or chopped almonds (if using) and mix.
- Into the Pan: Transfer fruit mixture in a square or round pan, about 6-7 inches in size.
- Sprinkle Crisp Topping: Sprinkle toppings evenly over fruits mixture. Transfer into a baking tray lined with aluminium foil or parchment paper just in case the mixture overflow.
- Bake for 35-40 minutes or until the top turned brown and the fruit mixture is bubbling.
- Rest and Cool: Let rest for 30 minutes to 1 hour to allow the sauce to thicken.
- Serve: Scoop into a bowl and serve with vanilla ice cream or yogurt.
Recent Video – Grilled Mediterranean Chicken Skewers
My Latest Video
- Small Batch Peach Mango Crisp
- Blueberry Crisp For Two
- Strawberry Cobbler For Two
- Mango Galette
- Pear Almond Crumble For Two
- Peach Crumble For Two
- Peach Galette, No Fuzz Free Form Pie
- Strawberry Crisp for Two
Thank You for visiting my website. Please don’t forget to click the “Like” button below if you like this recipe. Lastly, did you know that I have a YouTube Channel? Please support my channel by clicking on the “Subscribe” button in my video and the “Bell” icon to get notification of new videos.