Here’s a simple, fresh and light salsa for weeknight or weekend dinner. It’s so simple you can easily make it in 15 minutes, that fast and it taste REALLY good. It’s loaded with veggies and a nice creamy avocado that paired perfectly with the spicy shrimp.
I love this Shrimp Avocado Salsa, it’s just one of the best that I had ever made so far. It’s a combination of things I enjoy eating, like shrimp, avocados and small tiny bits of vegetables. I call this salsa but often times I actually use it as add on to my salad with some fresh crunchy lettuce to go with it. It’s simple, but it’s really good. I’m an avocado lover, and as soon as avocado starts to show up in the market, I’m on it already. Grabbing few pieces at least once a week and turning it into something interesting like this salsa/salad is something that I enjoy doing. You will be seeing quite a few more post of dishes with avocados in the few weeks to come, at least until summer is not yet over.
Avocado is one simple fruit that goes with a lot of things. There was a time when variation of avocado toast became a hit in the Internet. Everybody was going crazy making their own variations of Avocado Toast with Egg. I joined the crowd back then and had my fair share of avocado toast variations, but this time I wanted to incorporate it in more than just toast, so I’m starting with this salsa/salad.
I used uncooked shrimp and had it seasoned before cooking. I find that it’s a lot better using the uncooked shrimp because it has more flavor and it is more juicy. Also, seasoning and marinating the shrimp for few minutes before cookinh enhances the flavor and remove any seafood after taste. If what you have on hand are the cooked one, that would work too. For the avocados, I recommend using ripe but not too soft avocado. You want to something that still holds its shape when you cut it into pieces. Don’t use overripe as it will to mushy when you start to mix it.
I used this for my Hawaiian BBQ Tacos and it was so good, really good. This homemade version is so easy and fresh, and I wouldn’t trade it for jarred version. Make the most of the avocado season and make this salsa for your next meal. I hope you will give a try. Let’s get started.
- 300g raw Shrimp peeled
- 1 tbsp Olive Oil (or any flavorles oil)
- 1/4 tsp Salt
- 1/4 tsp Cayenne Pepper
- 1/4 tsp Red Chili Flakes
- 1/2 Lemon Juice of small lemon
- 1/2 medium Lime, juiced
- 1 large Avocado – diced
- 1/2 english Cucumber – diced
- 1 large fresh Tomato – diced
- 2 tbsp red Onion – finely diced
- 3 tbsp fresh Cilantro – chopped
- 1 small fresh Jalapeno – chopped
- 1/2 tsp Salt
- 1/4 tsp Paprika
- 1/4 tsp Chili Flakes
- 1/8 Black Pepper
Note: If you have Taco seasoning, you can use that instead of adding individual spices mentioned above.
- Marinate the Shrimp: Transfer shrimp in a bowl. Add salt, cayenne pepper, chili flakes and lemon juice. Stir and let marinate for 15 minutes (minimum) before cooking.
- Cook the Shrimp: In a heated pan, add oil and cook the shrimp until no longer translucent. Transfer in a chopping board and cut into small pieces. Set aside.
- Mix the Shrimp and Veggies: In a large bowl, add cooked shrimp, diced cucumber, diced tomato, diced avocado, chopped jalapeno pepper, chopped cilantro and chopped red onion. Season with salt, paprika, chili flakes and black pepper. Mix until combined.
- Chill: Keep chilled in the refrigerator until ready to serve.
This salsa can be used for chips, salad, tacos or burritos.
Serve and ENJOY!
Related Post: [VIDEO] Avocado Chicken Salad
Thank You for visiting my website. Please don’t forget to click the “Like” button below if you like this recipe. Lastly, did you know that I have a YouTube Channel? Please support my channel by clicking on the “Subscribe” button in my video and the “Bell” icon to get notification of new videos.