This Mediterranean Chicken Pasta Salad is a complete meal on its own. It got chicken for protein, pasta and some veggies to complete the plate. It’s easy to make and its perfect option for a lighter pasta because it doesn’t use any heavy dressing. It’s simple and yet satisfying and filling.
I’ve recently been drawn to pasta that uses no heavy based sauce. There’s nothing wrong with using cream based sauce from time to time, I love them too and sometimes almost too much. But for summer season, I like to have a lighter variation of pasta. Something that relies mostly on spices and reasonable amount of olive oil to flavor it. This is what this pasta is all about.
The simplicity of this pasta captured my attention. Although it doesn’t use heavy sauce, it has a nice flavor and a lot of freshness in it. Somehow, it felt lighter so I got more room for desserts which is always a must to me. But kidding aside, if you love pasta but want something lighter for a change, try this one. I love everything about this pasta, the herbs and spices, the kalamata olives, the Bocconcini and feta cheese and most especially, the fresh light lemony taste. I hope you will give it a try. Let me show you how I made it.
- 1/2 cup cooked shell pasta
- 1/2 cup cooked chicken breast – cubed
- 1/4 cup green bell pepper – diced
- 8-10 pcs cherry tomato – half
- 1/4 cup kalamata olives
- 2 tbsp red onion – chopped
- 2 tbsp chopped parsley
- 1/3 cup Bocconcini cheese – cut into half or quarter
- 3 tbsp feta crumble (or more if desired)
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 2 tbsp lemon juice
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp basil
- 1/2 tsp oregano
- 1/8 tsp black pepper
- Cook pasta as per package instruction
- Prepare the Chicken: Cut cooked chicken into cubes. I used 1 large chicken breast for that I marinated in the same ingredients as the dressing. Just make sure to season and flavor the chicken well before cooking it. You can also use a pre-cook rotisserie chicken for this. Set aside while you make the dressing.
- Make the Dressing. In a small bowl, combine olive oil, lemon juice, basil, oregano, salt and pepper. Stir to combine
- Mix Pasta: Transfer pasta in a large bowl. Add cooked chicken, bell pepper, tomato, kalamata olive, onion and bocconcini cheese.
- Pour the dressing over the pasta and toss until combined. Chill in the refrigerator for at least 30 minutes. Sprinkle top with feta cheese before serving.
Enjoy! If you make this, share and tag me in Instagram #SweetNSpicyLiving. I would like to see your creations too.
My Latest Video
Thank You for visiting my website. Please don’t forget to click the “Like” button below if you like this recipe. Lastly, did you know that I have a YouTube Channel? Please support my channel by clicking on the “Subscribe” button in my video and the “Bell” icon to get notification of new videos.
FOLLOW SweetNSpicyLiving on Social Media Facebook | Instagram | Pinterest | Twitter
LikeLiked by 1 person
Thanks for always giving feedback 🙂
LikeLiked by 1 person