This Blueberry Crumble is so fresh, juicy, fruity and topped with crumble made from combination of flour and oats plus a nice caramel sweetness from brown sugar.
Hello! I’m back and it have some juicy treats for is today, my mini Blueberry Crisp or Crumble. This is a perfect size for two, but it can be easily doubled or tripled for a larger serving batch because I’m telling you, once you have them you’ll want more. But for my case, I’ll stick to my small batch because I have more crumble variation to make and I will definitely need more space in my stomach to enjoy them all.
Summer is not the same without making a crisp dessert. I’m a huge fan of crisp/crumble, cobbler and pie desserts. There’s something about fresh, juicy fruits wrapped or topped with crust or crumble that I find comforting, it makes me feel at home and so relax when I’m having them. Maybe it’s the feeling that you get when we make something homemade, it just feels great.
Blueberries along with Strawberries , Peaches and Mangoes are one of my favorite. I like the tangy tart taste as it balances the sweetness of the dessert. I absolutely love them and how I wish I could enjoy them all year round but sadly, that is not the case. Just so I get the chance to enjoy the different flavors, I like making small batches of them. Single serve or serving for two are my ideal option, but in cases where I have to make a larger batch, I freeze them for future serving. This dessert can be made-ahead of time and kept frozen. Here is a simple step on how to make it ahead.
- Let the crisp cool completely then tightly cover with plastic wrap and cover with second layer of aluminum foil. Store in a ziplock bag and freeze. The extra layers of covering is to protect the crisp from freezer burn.
- When ready to bake, take it out from the freezer the night before serving it. Slow-thaw it in the fridge, possibly overnight. If you don’t have enough time try thawing it out in the microwave on a milder setting.
- Once it’s no longer frozen but still a bit cold, bake at 350 degrees for about 15 minutes until hot and bubbly. Put a sheet of tin foil over the top (if needed) to prevent it from burning; remove the foil the last 5 minutes for a crispy top.
This recipe is so simple, easy and delicious. For me, summer is not the same without making this. Give it a try, and let me know how it goes. Let’s get started.
Blueberry Mixture Ingredients:
- 1 cup blueberries (if using frozen, do not thaw)
- 1 tbsp granulated sugar (more or less depending on how sweet the blueberries, taste and adjust as necessary)
- 1 1/2 tsp cornstarch
- 2 tbsp all-purpose flour
- 2 tbsp rolled oats
- 2 tbsp brown sugar
- 1 tbsp softened butter
- Make the Crumble: In a small bowl, add flour, oats, brown sugar and butter. Crumble the mixture together using your fingers, texture should be like in the photo, it should come together but still loose (crumble). Chill in the refrigerator while you make the blueberry mixture.
- Blueberry Mixture: Wash the blueberries and transfer into a bowl. Add sugar and cornstarch and toss together until combined.
- Assemble: TTransfer into a baking dish enough to hold the mixture, not too big or not too small. I used an oval baking dish 6×4-inch size. Sprinkle crumble on top of the blueberries.
- Bake: Bake in a pre-heated oven for 30 – 35 minutes or until the crumble is toasted and the blueberries starts to bubble. Let cool completely to allow the sauce to thickens.
- Serve: Serve as is or with scoop of ice cream. I used my Blueberry Crumble Ice Cream, link of the recipe is available below.
- Small Batch Peach Mango Crisp
- Blueberry Crisp For Two
- Strawberry Cobbler For Two
- Mango Galette
- Pear Almond Crumble For Two
- Peach Crumble For Two
- Strawberry Crisp for Two
- Gluten Free & Vegan Blueberry Crisp for Two
- Peach Galette, No Fuzz Free Form Pie
Thank You for visiting my website. Please don’t forget to click the “Like” button below if you like this recipe. Lastly, did you know that I have a YouTube Channel? Please support my channel by clicking on the “Subscribe” button in my video and the “Bell” icon to get notification of new videos.