Simple and easy Homemade Peach Pie Filling. This can be use not only for pie, but also for tart, crumb bar or as topping on cake and ice cream. This is so easy it is ready in 30 minutes, maybe even less.
Peach Sauce … Sweet, fresh and homemade Peach Pie Filling is my first choice when making pie, crumble and tarts. There’s nothing like making it at home, it is super easy to make and a great way to make use of fresh ripe and sweet peaches during Summer.
I have an obsession with peaches, and it got even worst when I moved here in Canada. We do not have abundance of fresh peaches in Philippines so I always enjoyed the canned or bottled peaches with light syrup that I can literally drink on its own. It’s so good, I just cannot stop eating it. When I moved here, I got exposed to fresh peaches and so I always look forward to Summer season to get my hands on those lovely fresh peaches. So as soon as I see them in the market, I’m on them.
I used it for making pies, cobblers, crisp or as toppings for pancakes and even on my ice cream. That is how much I love it because it’s that good. As soon as Summer nears the end, I always buy quite a lot of fresh peaches and I made filling or jam or preserves out of them. This way, I still get to enjoy it few more months even if the Summer is over.
Just a simple reminder, when choosing peaches for cooking or baking, make sure not to get a very ripe peach that already have spots and bruises. You want something still hard, but ripe this way it doesn’t get to mushy when you cook it. Unless you are making it as smooth jam, then overripe could work for that. Since this is a pie filling, I like having chunks and pieces of peaches. Let me show you how easy it is to make this. Let’s get started!
Tips in Making Peach Pie Filling
- Do NOT use over ripe Peach. Choose one that ripe but still firm to the touch. This way it doesn’t get mushy when you cook it.
- Medium Heat – Cook the Peaches in medium low heat to avoid burning the syrup.
- Let it Cool – The filling will thicken as it cools, so I recommend let it cool completely so you get a thick consistency when you use it
- 450g (1 lb) fresh Peach – diced
- 1/4 cup + 2 tbsp Granulated Sugar (Can be increased for sweeter taste)
- 2 tbsp Water
- Zest of 1/2 small Lemon or 1 tbsp Lemon Juice – optional
- 1 tsp Cornstarch
- pinch of Salt
- Wash and dice the peaches. In a small pan, add water, sugar, diced peaches, lemon zest or lemon juice and cornstarch. Stir to dissolve the cornstarch. Cover the pan.
- In medium low heat, cook for 10- 15 minutes or until the peaches are soft and tender. Stir at least once then cover again and continue cooking. In the last 5 minutes, set the heat to low making sure not to burn the sugar. Cooking time could vary depending on how ripe the peaches that you are using, adjust cooking time as needed. If you are using a really ripe peach, check the peach at 10 minutes mark. The consistency will thicken as it cools down. You can increase the cornstarch by 1 tbsp if you want a thicker consistency, or if you prefer it sweeter you can add more sugar.
- Transfer in a bottle and let cool completely before storing in the refrigerator.
Where to Use Peach Filling
This can be used not just for pie filling. Here are my suggestions on where to use it.
- For mini or large pie
- For Crumb Bar
- For cake topping
- For ice cream topping
- for tart filling
Makes about one 250 ml mason jar, just enough to fill 6-8 inch pie. This can also be used to fill crumb bars, hand pie and even topping for oatmeal and chia seed pudding. So many ways to use it.
- Strawberry Sauce
- Apple Pie Filling
- Blueberry Sauce
- Small Batch Homemade Cherry Sauce
- 5 Easy Homemade Pie Filling
- Small Batch Peach Crumb Bars
Featured Video: Homemade Fresh Strawberry Sauce
Homemade Strawberry Sauce are so simple and easy to make, try it. It’s perfect for pancakes, cakes, sundae and ice cream.
My Latest Video
Thank You for visiting my website. Please don’t forget to click the “Like” button below if you like this recipe. Lastly, did you know that I have a YouTube Channel? Please support my channel by clicking on the “Subscribe” button in my video and the “Bell” icon to get notification of new videos.