The best Muffins are the ones filled with dancing wonderful flavors inside and out, soft and warm inside while crunchy and sweet on the outside. I think I just described this Apple Cinnamon Streusel Muffin.
Muffins are a wonderful way to make me feel at home and cozy any day of the year. But there’s something about Fall season and muffins, they seem to go well together that muffins never failed to appear in my baking to do list as soon as Fall starts, well as soon as it gets cooler. Muffins are perfect portion for sharing, I like that they are singles and easy to bring with me for snack on the go or for sharing with friends. I wouldn’t mind baking a dozen or more for sharing, but when it’s just for me, I think a dozen is just too much to even justify. Although muffins are great for freezing, since they are very easy to make, I always prefer to have it freshly baked.
This Apple Cinnamon Streusel Muffin for instance, you can have this ready in less than 1 hour, it’s that fast. Besides I don’t really have much space in my freezer to stock up some frozen muffins; so I bake it the day that I want to eat it. As you can see from the video, it’s super easy.
This muffin was inspired by my Fall apple series baking. I wanted something easy and simple to make without compromising the taste, and of course it should have apples in it. I was hoping to make my apple fritters but sadly, the video that I had been working on the whole day got deleted accidentally. I was speechless and in total distressed, and I had to rebuild it all over again. So my plan to make Apple Fritter was pushed back and was replaced by something simple and delicious, this Apple Muffins. I tell you, I lost a video and rebuild a new one and I also got myself a new Apple Muffin recipe, in the end it’s a win win situation although stressful at first.
To tell you the truth, I was experimenting on this recipe. My goal is a small batch, no mixer, simple and easy Muffin recipe. I could say that I’ve met all those goals in every angle. This recipe is small batch of 4, perfect for 2 people or 1 if you don’t want to share. This recipe does not need any mixer, it’s a one bowl muffin recipe, it uses the most basic ingredients with very simple steps.
What Makes This Extra Special and Delicious?
Simple, the Cinnamon Apple mixed into the muffin batter. This recipe uses my Homemade Cinnamon Apple Filling so it gave not only a nice texture to the batter, but most especially a nice delicious apple flavor. Since the apples were cooked and simmered in cinnamon and brown sugar, it gave a better intense nice sweet apple flavor. Also, the apple bits and pieces were soft unlike when using fresh diced apples.
- 2/3 cup (80g) all-purpose flour
- 1/4 tsp baking soda
- 1/8 tsp salt
- 1/8 tsp cinnamon (or more if you like a stronger flavor)
- 1 tbsp unsalted butter room temperature
- 1/4 cup brown sugar (or a mix of brown and granulated sugar)
- 1 large egg
- 2 tbsp flavorless oil
- 3 tbsp milk
- 2 tbsp packed brown sugar
- 2 tbsp all-purpose flour
- 1/8 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1 tbsp cold butter – cut into small pieces
Preheat oven to 350°F and line muffin tin with 4 liners.
- Make the Cinnamon Apple: I used my Homemade Cinnamon Apple Filling. Please click on the link for the full recipe.
- Make the Muffin Base: For the Dry Ingredients – In a small bowl, whisk together flour, cinnamon, sugar, baking soda, and salt.
- For the Wet Ingredients – In a small bow, mix beaten egg, oil and milk
- Dry + Wet Ingredients: Add wet ingredients to dry ingredients and mix until just combine and no more flour lumps.
- Fold in 1/3 cup of the cinnamon apples just until distributed throughout the batter. You don’t want to completely mix in the swirls of sugar and cinnamon.
- Divide batter between prepared muffin cups. Set aside while you make the streusel.
- Make the Streusel: In a small bowl, stir together flour, brown sugar and butter. cinnamon. Use your fingers to crumble the mixture. Add in chopped walnuts and mix until just distributed.
- Top each muffin with 1 tsp cinnamon apple and sprinkle the streusel over the top.
- Bake for 21 – 23 minutes, until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean
- Cool in the pan for 10 minutes before transferring to a cooling rack.
Get Ready for Fall with These Fall Recipes:
Enjoy! If you make this, share and tag me in Instagram #SweetNSpicyLiving. I would like to see your creations too.
My Latest Video
Thank You for visiting my website. Please don’t forget to click the “Like” button below if you like this recipe. Lastly, did you know that I have a YouTube Channel? Please support my channel by clicking on the “Subscribe” button in my video and the “Bell” icon to get notification of new videos.
FOLLOW SWEETNSPICYLIVING ON SOCIAL MEDIA