Some days calls for a simple, easy and delicious dinner recipe, and this Sheet-Pan Chicken Dinner is that kind of dinner. Make a big batch of this and you are covered for the week.
Fall is not only the season for apple pie, soup and stew. It’s also a perfect time for easy sheet pan dinners which uses variety of fall produce. I don’t do as much sheet pan dinners during summer, but when the temperature starts cool down, I don’t hiking up my oven to cook my favorite sheet pan dinners and stew. The good thing about this is it’s almost a no recipe kind of meal, you cannot mess it up. I mean how can you mess up something as throwing vegetables and chicken in the oven? Not literally throwing, but preparing and baking. The most that could go wrong is its under seasoned which is a quick fix, no big deal. That what condiments are for, make use of them.
I’ve used my favorite vegetables but you can replace any of this with whatever works for you. I have separate posts “How To Make Sheet Pan Vegetables” which discusses what sort of vegetables you can use, how long you need to cook them or what method you would like to use. I just use the simplest method and that is just mix everything together in a pan and off it goes into the oven, simple is better. You can use other types of meat or seafood will be nice too. But chicken is my go to because that’s what I have most o the time, I’m a chicken lover on top being a seafood lover. Salmon, shrimp, I wouldn’t say no to them. I guess the most important thing is just to season well and oil the vegetables generously but not to the point of flooding the tray. I used chicken thighs because it doesn’t get dry as easily as the breast, but feel free to use chicken breast or even legs is that’s what you like. Just make sure to check on the chicken because you don’t want o over cook it, a dry tasteless chicken the last thing you want for dinner. So let’s get going and keep me show you how I did it. Let’s get started!
For the chicken:
- 4 Chicken Thighs
- 1/2 teaspoon Salt
- 1/8 teaspoon Pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon Italian Seasoning
- 1/4 teaspoon Paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon Chili Flakes
Alternatively, you can use any mixed chicken rub and spices
For the Vegetables:
- 1/4 cup Olive Oil
- 1/2 teaspoon Salt
- 1/4 teaspoon Black Pepper
- 2 Medium size Bell Pepper (red/yellow/green) – diced
- 1 Small Size Broccoli (florets) – cut into bite size pieces
- 1 Medium Size Eggplant – cut into bite size pieces
- 1 Medium Size Sweet Potato – cut into bite size pieces
- 1 Small Apple ( I use Honeycrisp) – cut into wedges
- 1/3 cup Spiced Chickpea – optional
- Pre-heat oven to 350F.
- Make the toasted spiced chickpeas (if using). I have the full recipe HEERE .This can be made ahead of time or you can also make it along with the roasting of the vegetables and chicken. Simply follow the instructions on how to prepare and season the chickpeas and add it in step #5 below.
- Prepare the chicken: Pat the chicken with paper towel to dry it up. Season the chicken with salt, pepper, Italian seasoning, paprika and chili flakes. Set aside.
- Prepare the Vegetables: Mix olive oil, salt and pepper. Stir to combine. Transfer the vegetables in a large mixing bowl. Pour the oil mixture and mix to distribute.
- Transfer vegetables in a cookie sheet, make sure not to over crowd it. Transfer the chicken in the same pan.
- If using Apple, add the apple at the last 15 minutes of baking/roasting so as not to over cook it.
- Bake/Roast for 40 minutes or until the vegetables and chicken are cooked through.
- Alternatively, you can also bake the vegetables and chicken separately. Baking/Roasting time could vary depending on the vegetables and the size of chicken. Adjust as necessary.
- Whole Roasted Garlic and Herb Cauliflower
- Roasted Baby Carrots
- Roasted red Bell Pepper Hummus
- Curried Roasted Cauliflower
- Parmesan Roasted Cabbage Wedges
- Roasted Garlic Brussels Sprout
- White Beans and Grilled Veggie Salad
- Toasted Spiced Chickpea
- How To Make Sheet Pan Veggies
- Pansheet Chicken Dinner
Thank You for visiting my website. If you like this post, kindly click on the “Like” button below or leave me a comment.
Enjoy! If you make this, share and tag me in Instagram #SweetNSpicyLiving. I would like to see your creations too.
My Latest Video
Thank You for visiting my website. Please don’t forget to click the “Like” button below if you like this recipe. Lastly, did you know that I have a YouTube Channel? Please support my channel by clicking on the “Subscribe” button in my video and the “Bell” icon to get notification of new videos.
FOLLOW SWEETNSPICYLIVING ON SOCIAL MEDIA