With the sweetness around my kitchen, I am really thankful for my Meat FREE Monday posts I get to enjoy both world of sweet and savory deserts and dishes. Today’s dish is a very simple easy to make, Avocado Ricotta Pasta made from fresh avocado, basil, spinach, parsley and nice amount of ricotta and parmesan cheese.
I always enjoy eating avocado the sweet way, like a dessert. In Brownies, cake, cupcakes and truffles, but there’s more to avocado than just for sweet stuff. Like for instance Avocado Toast, Avocado Grilled Cheese, Avocado and Chicken Salad, Avocado and Shrimp Salsa (bring out the chips please) and now this Avocado Pesto Pasta.
What I like about this Avocado Pesto Sauce is how creamy it is, naturally creamy without adding any cream in it. It taste really fresh with the addition of fresh herbs, and the ricotta cheese and parmesan added a nice cheesy smooth taste to it. I love this recipe, and hopefully you’ll love it too. A simple and delicious dish, what else can we ask for? Except probably you’ll want more. Let’s whipped this up, let’s get started!
First thing first, the Avocado Pesto which is basically the main star of this ingredients. This Avocado Pesto is kind of flexible in terms of what herbs you can use. I used the combination of parsley, spinach and basil. You can use either one of them, you can also add cilantro. I was thinking maybe few leaves of mint will be nice too, that will add more freshness in the pesto.
Here`s the thing, Avocado turns brown quiet fast so I would say do not make more than what you need. Just like other pesto, I like to cover top with more olive oil when I transfer it in an airtight glass jar. It would last about 3 – 5 days but it is always best the same day it was made.
Where To Use It
There`s more to it than just for pasta. I like using this for my breakfast toast, or as dips for appetizer (almost like a guacamole), or as spread for tortilla and flatbread. Be creative and just enjoy it!
- 1 Avocado
- 1/3 cup Ricotta Cheese
- 1/4 cup Parmesan cheese
- 3/4 tsp Salt
- 1/2 tsp Pepper
- 1/2 tsp Sugar
- 1/4 tsp Cayenne Pepper
- 1/4 tsp Garlic Powder
- 1 tbsp Olive Oil
- 1/4 cup fresh Parsley
- 1/4 cup fresh Spinach
- 1 tbsp fresh Basil
- Spaghetti Pasta
- Cook Pasta: Cook pasta as per package instructions. Set aside while you make the Avocado Pesto.
- Make the Avocado Pesto: In a food processor or food chopper, add avocado, ricotta cheese, parmesan cheese, salt, pepper, sugar, cayenne pepper, garlic powder, olive oil, parsley, spinach and basil. Process until smooth and creamy. Taste and adjust seasoning as desired.
- Transfer the pasta in a large bowl. Add avocado pesto (as much or less as you like) and toss until pasta is covered with pesto. Add fresh cherry tomato (optional) and toss. Garnish top with more parmesan cheese.
- 30 Meat FREE Dishes That Taste Good
- Meat Free Monday: Small Batch Vegetarian Lasagna Soup For Two
- [VIDEO] Meat Free Monday: Thin Crust Pesto & Sundried Tomato Pizza
- Meat Free Monday: Vegetarian Lettuce Wrap
- Meat Free Monday: Curried Roasted Cauliflower
- Meat Free Monday: Chopsuey (Mixed Vegetables)
- Meat Free Monday: Garlic Butter & Parmesan Roasted Cabbage Wedges
Enjoy! If you make this, share and tag me in Instagram #SweetNSpicyLiving. I would like to see your creations too.
My Latest Video
Thank You for visiting my website. Please don’t forget to click the “Like” button below if you like this recipe. Lastly, did you know that I have a YouTube Channel? Please support my channel by clicking on the “Subscribe” button in my video and the “Bell” icon to get notification of new videos.