If you are looking for quick and easy dinner or lunch option, this Broccoli with Brussels Sprouts and Shrimp Stir Fry is the one that you are looking for. It’s super simple and easy to make, and it’s delicious and filling.
I woke up this morning craving for a vegetable dish. It may not sound right because craving for a vegetable is something unusual. Normally my cravings are for sweet stuff, but I guess having eaten almost the entire 4 pieces of brownies to myself yesterday got me to this state. All I want is something savory, and I want vegetables to be specific (with shrimp please). Luckily, the shrimp has taken over my freezer, there’s quite a lot of them there sitting and chilling waiting for me to grab them.
For quick meals, I always turn to shrimp or salmon. This why I often (if not always) have shrimp in my freezer. Shrimp is easy to prepare, easy to cook and it’s just delicious. This dish itself can be made in 30 minutes, that fast and you have a dinner available to you. Even faster than a delivery. So don’t hesitate, just make this and you will know why I am so in love with this simple dish.
Choose Your Vegetable
Most of the ingredients that I used for this dish are what I just happen to have in my refrigerator. For the vegetables, I used broccoli because I had this broccoli sitting in my fridge for a while. I bought it to make Broccoli and Cheese Soup but never got to it, I had been really busy these past few days. Same story for Brussels Sprout, I bought it for my Chicken And Brussels Sprout Soup. Good thing about brussels sprouts, they last longer as compared to other vegetable. So these two vegetables made it to this recipe. If I have bell peppers I would have added it here too and maybe some young corn would be nice too. So you see, this is kind of super flexible, you don’t have to be restricted to what I have listed in the ingredients. Use the vegetables that you have, cauliflower, cabbage, green beans, snap peas, etc.
- 1 lb Shrimp (more or less)
- 1 clove Garlic
- 1 small Onion
- 2 tbsp Soy Sauce
- 2 tbsp Olive oil
- 1/2 tsp Ginger Paste (optional)
- 1/2 tsp Cayenne Pepper (reduce 1/4 if you do not like it spicy)
- 1/4 tsp Paprika
- 1/2 tsp Sugar
- 1/2 tsp Salt
- 1/4 cup Broth
- 150g Broccoli – hard parts removed (More or less, it doesn’t have to be exact)
- 150g Brussels Sprout – cut into half (More or less, it doesn’t have to be exact)
- Marinate the shrimp: Combine soy sauce, sugar, 1 tbsp oil, ginger, cayenne pepper and paprika. Stir then add the shrimp and toss to combine; Set aside for 15 minutes.
- Cook the Vegetables: Fill a large pan halfway with water, add a generous pinch of salt, and bring to a boil. Add the broccoli and brussels sprout. Cover and cook stirring halfway through, until crisp-tender, about 3 minutes total. Drain and set aside. Do not over-cook.
- Cook the Shrimp: In a large pan, heat over medium-high until a drop of water vaporizes immediately on contact. Drizzle in 1 tbsp of the oil, add the shrimp, and spread into a single layer. Cook, undisturbed, until browned on the bottom, 2 to 3 minutes. Transfer to a plate or bowl; the shrimp will not be cooked through at this point.
- Vegetable + Shrimp: Reduce the heat to medium and add the remaining 1 tbsp of oil. Add the onion and garlic, season with salt, and cook, stirring, until softened and starting to brown, about 3 minutes. Return the broccoli, brussels sprouts and shrimp and any juices to the pan. Add broth and cover until the shrimp is just cooked through and the vegetables are cook to your liking. Taste and adjust seasoning as necessary.
I’m more than happy with how this dish turned out, I’m super satisfied. It was so good when served with steam rice. You can also serve this with noodles, and sometimes I just eat it on its own. Give it a try!
If you are looking for other shrimp dishes, I have few here to try. Check it out.
My Other Shrimp Dishes:
- [VIDEO] Creamy Potato & Shrimp Chowder
- [VIDEO] Avocado & Shrimp Salsa
- [VIDEO] Grilled Shrimp & Sausage with Vegetables & Quinoa
- I Don’t Mind Getting My Hands Dirty with this Garlic Butter Shrimp
- One Pan Creamy Tuscan Shrimp
- Small Batch Foil Packed Shrimp and Corn
- Spicy Shrimp in Thai Coconut Sauce
- Dinner Made easy with this One Pan Spicy Garlic Shrimp
How About This?
My Latest Video
Thank You for visiting my website. Please don’t forget to click the “Like” button below if you like this recipe. Lastly, did you know that I have a YouTube Channel? Please support my channel by clicking on the “Subscribe” button in my video and the “Bell” icon to get notification of new videos.