This Edemame Shrimp Salad is all about freshness. It’s a light salad made with Edemame beans, corn, assorted bell peppers with a light apple cider and lemon vinaigrette dressing.
What is Edemame?
Edemame is an immature soybean most commonly popular in Asian countries but are also now gaining popularity in Western countries as snack, or mixed-in with salad. They are often sold encased in pods, but now a days you can buy it frozen without the pods. You can simply steam the beans, boil, microwave or pan fry it and serve as is with a pinch of salt.
Benefits of Edemame
- High in Protein
- May lower cholesterol\
- Doesn’t Raise Blood Sugar
- Rich in Vitamins and Minerals
- May reduce the risk of breast cancer
- May reduce menopausal symptoms
- May reduce the risk of prostate cancer
- Might reduce bone loss
Summer is salad days for me. With hot weather that we are absolutely enjoying, a light and refreshing dish is just what I needed. I’m a huge fan of anything salad, regardless if it is Winter, Spring, Summer or Fall. While Winter, Spring and Fall are the seasons when I go crazy with soup or anything hot, Summer for me is best season to enjoy light meals like this salad.
- 1/3 cup Edamame (frozen or not frozen without the pods)
- 1/8 tsp salt
- 1/4 cup Canned Corn Kernel (If using fresh, cook the corn first)
- 1 tbsp chopped Red Onion
- 1/8 tsp Salt
- 1/8 tsp Black Pepper
- 1/2 cup mixed Bell Peppers
- 3 tbsp chopped Cilantro
- 2 cups mixed greens
- 1 tbsp Olive Oil or Butter
- 1/2 lb shrimp
- 1/2 tsp ginger paste
- 1 lemon juice
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp chili flakes
- 1/2 tsp Paprika
- 1 clove garlic – minced
- 1/2 tsp Apple Cider
- 1 tsp Honey
- 1/4 tsp Salt
- 1/8 tsp Black Pepper
- 1/4 tsp Italian seasoning
- 2 tbsp Olive Oil
Note: Dressing can be substituted with any preferred store-bought or homemade dressing
- Make the Salad Dressing: In a bowl, mix apple cider, honey, salt, pepper and Italian Seasoning. Mix to combine, then taste and adjust as desired. Set aside in the refrigerator.
- Mix the Spices: Mix salt, chili flakes, paprika and garlic.
- Marinate the Shrimp: Transfer the shrimp in a bowl. Pour olive oil, lemon juice and ginger paste. Mix, then add the mixed spices and stir to distribute. Marinate for at least 15 minutes, or you can cover and leave it overnight in the refrigerator.
- Cook the Shrimp: In a heated pan, add butter or oil and cook the shrimp until no longer translucent. Set aside.
- Cook the Edemame Seed:
- Microwave: If using frozen Edemame without the pods (frozen or not frozen), run water into the Edemame, drain and transfer in a bowl. Sprinkle with 1/8 tsp salt and cover microwave for 2-3 minutes.
- Boil: Bring the water to boil then add salt. Cook for about 5 minutes, drain and set aside.
- Mix the Salad: In a separate bowl, add mixed greens, corn, onion, bell pepper, cilantro, salt, black pepper. Pour the Salad dressing and toss to mix. Chill for at least 30 minutes to allow the vegetables to absorb the dressing. Top with cooked shrimp before serving.
My Latest Video
- Meat Free Monday: Bokchoy Fried Rice
- Meat Free Monday: Creamy Avocado Pesto Pasta
- Mediterranean Chickpea Salad
- Meat Free Monday: Teriyaki Tofu Buddha Bowl
- Pan Seared Salmon with Roasted Veggie and Quinoa
- Spaghetti Squash Shrimp Scampi
- Meat Free Monday: Spicy Tofu Rice Bowl
What’s New – Strawberry Jam
Strawberry season is here, so I thought its about time I updated my Homemade Strawberry Jam post. This Strawberry Jam is small batch, homemade and no preservatives added. It is simple, easy and do not require any difficult to find ingredients. Check it out HERE
Thank You for visiting my website. Please don’t forget to click the “Like” button below if you like this recipe. Lastly, did you know that I have a YouTube Channel? Please support my channel by clicking on the “Subscribe” button in my video and the “Bell” icon to get notification of new videos.