Hey guys, this time around I am sharing with you another chia seed pudding recipe, another trademark of Summer, a very pretty and delicious layers of Strawberry Chia Seed Pudding. Fresh ripe and sweet Strawberry alternately layered with overnight soaked chia seed. Keeping the Summer alive!
Last month, I shared with you my first chia seed post, my all time favorite Mango and Coconut Chia Seed Pudding. That one was really delicious, I had been eating it for dessert and breakfast. Now it’s time to give Strawberry the center stage because what is Summer without the berries in our menu. That’s a hint that you can expect more berries menu in her coming post. So this Strawberry Chia Seed Pudding could definitely pass as a dessert, I like how beautiful it looks like, but most specially how good it taste. There’s more strawberry here than the chia, so it’s more like Strawberry and more Strawberry Chia Seed Pudding, well if I’m calling it Strawberry it has to live up to its name, right?
How To Make Strawberry Chia Seed Pudding
This recipe is pretty simple just like my Mango and Coconut Chia Seed Pudding. Soak the chia seed overnight with milk and honey and leave it in the refrigerator. Then blend it to make it smooth and creamy. If you don’t, you’ll have a clump of chia seed separated with the milk. Once that is done, have fun decorating it with toppings of your choice, or decorate it like what I did. Alternate chia seed pudding and strawberry, and a little bit of puree strawberry on top and a piece of half strawberry. Pretty delicious!
How to serve it
I always like serving it cold, but you can serve it and present in in the way you like it. I love it serve this way with alternative chia seed and chopped Strawberry. Youc can even mix the chopped Strawberry with the chia pudding and add lots of toppings. You are the master of this chia seed pudding, so decorate as you please.
This recipe used very few ingredients, and the Chia Seed was the star of the recipe. So I thought I’d share with you little interesting facts about Chia Seed. Here is goes.
What is Chai Seed?
Chia seeds are tiny black seeds from the plant Salvia hispanica, which is related to the mint. Chia seeds were an important food for the Aztecs and Mayans back in the day. They prized them for their ability to provide sustainable energy. In fact, “chia” is the ancient Mayan word for “strength.” Despite their ancient history as a dietary staple, chia seeds became recognized as a modern-day super-food only recently. In the past few years, they have exploded in popularity and are now consumed by health conscious people all over the world. Don’t be fooled by the size — these tiny seeds pack a powerful nutritional punch.
Benefits of Chai Seed
- Chia Seeds Deliver a Massive Amount of Nutrients With Very Few Calories
- Chia Seeds Are Loaded With Antioxidants
- Almost All the Carbs in Them Are Fiber
- Chia Seeds Are High in Quality Protein
- The High Fiber and Protein Content in Chia Seeds May Help You Lose Weight
- Chia Seeds Are High in Omega-3 Fatty Acids
- Chia Seeds May Lower Your Risk of Heart Disease
- They’re High in Many Important Bone Nutrients
- Chia Seeds May Reduce Blood Sugar Levels
- They May Reduce Chronic Inflammation
- Chia Seeds Are Easy to Incorporate Into Your Diet
Grab and GO!
No time to enjoy them at home? Pack them in a mini mason jars (125 ml) and have them to go. Even if you don’t want it to go, having it packed in a mason jar is a good way to portion it, a perfect portion for dessert or just something to go with your breakfast meal. This small batch could be divided into 2 mini mason jars, eat one and grab the other one to go.
- 1/2 cup Milk
- 2 1/2 tbsp Chia Seed
- 2 tbsp Honey or Maple Syrup (and a bit more for serving)
- 10 pieces Strawberry (7 pieces cut into small pieces, 2 pieces puree, 1 piece topping)
- 1 tsp Coconut Flakes or Shredded Coconut or sliced Almond or any toppings of your choice
- Pour milk and yogurt in a mason jar or any jar with lid. Add chia seed, vanilla extract and sweetener. Shake until the honey is completely dissolved. Leave at least 1 hour or overnight in the fridge. Transfer the mixture in a blender and blend until thick and smooth.
- Serve: Arrange chopped Strawberry at the bottom of the glass, then pour half of the chia seed pudding, followed by another layer of chopped Strawberry and finally pour the remaining half of the chia seed. Pour Strawberry puree and garnish top with remaining Strawberry and other desired toppings. Drizzle top with honey of maple syrup.
Serves 1 – 2
My Latest Video
- Coconut and Mango Chia Seed Pudding
- Smooth & Creamy Mango Lassi
- [VIDEO] Sugar Free Strawberry Pineapple Cooler
- Strawberry Mango Slushie
- Strawberry Banana Smoothie
What’s New – Strawberry Jam
Strawberry season is here, so I thought its about time I updated my Homemade Strawberry Jam post. This Strawberry Jam is small batch, homemade and no preservatives added. It is simple, easy and do not require any difficult to find ingredients. Check it out HERE
Thank You for visiting my website. Please don’t forget to click the “Like” button below if you like this recipe. Lastly, did you know that I have a YouTube Channel? Please support my channel by clicking on the “Subscribe” button in my video and the “Bell” icon to get notification of new videos.