A simple pasta salad with amazing delicious flavor and texture, a nice sweet and creamy dressing and nice bits and pieces of steamed broccoli and chunks of delicious crunchy apple, meet my Apple and Broccoli Pasta.
My Mom used to make this salad for us when we were kids. I remembered picking on the Apple one by one before eating the pasta itself. I was not a vegetable eater when I was a kid, I ate few select vegetables and that’s it. So my Mom had to be creative to make us eat vegetables, not much on fruits because we all love fresh fruits. That is something that my sibling and I enjoyed together. Now that I think of this pasta, I realized that it was my Mom’s way of introducing vegetable in our food, and it worked like magic. The red delicious crispy apple never failed to attract me, which makes broccoli not that bad at all. Having it covered with some dressing along with the sweetness of the Apple made it taste delicious. This salad is so easy to make, and quite filling too. Give it a try. Let’s get started!
- 1/2 cup Penne Pasta or Macaroni Pasta
- 1/2 cup Mayonnaise
- 2 tbsp Condensed Milk or Honey
- 1/4 tsp Salt (I used fine salt)
- 1/8 tsp Black Pepper
- 4 tbsp White Cheddar Cheese – finely cubed
- 1 Red Delicious Apple – cut into small pieces
- 3/4 cup Steamed or Blanched Cauliflower – florets only, cut into small pieces
- 3 cups Water
- Prepare the Pasta: Cook the pasta as per package instructions. You can use any shell pasta, just don’t use the noodle pasta. Drain the water and transfer in a bowl, do NOT rinse to retain the starch in the pasta. Set aside and let cool completely in the refrigerator. Do NOT use warm pasta as it will make the dressing melt and runny.
- Cook the Broccoli: Pour the water in a pan and bring to a boil. Add the broccoli florets and cook for 1 minute. Remove and drain water. It is VERY important to drain the water to avoid making the salad watery.
- Mix the Dressing: In a bowl, put the mayonnaise, condensed milk or honey, cheese, salt and pepper. Mix to combine. Add steamed broccoli and diced apples, mix to coat with the dressing.
- Transfer in a serving bowl. Cover and chill in the refrigerator.
Serves 2 – 3
Nutritional Information was calculated using Veryfitwell Recipe Calorie and Nutrition Calculator. For details about Nutritional Information in this website, please read the Disclaimer page.
My Latest Video
- Mediterranean Chickpea Salad
- Small Batch Strawberry Vinaigrette Dressing: Fresh and No Preservatives Added
- Refreshing Cucumber & Tomato Salad
- Mexican Mango and Strawberry Mix Green Salad
- [VIDEO] Mediterranean Chicken Pasta Salad
- Mediterranean Orzo Chicken Salad
- Boccacini Pasta Salad
- Small Batch Greek Orzo Salad
- Watermelon Salad
Thank You for visiting my website. Please don’t forget to click the “Like” button below if you like this recipe. Lastly, did you know that I have a YouTube Channel? Please support my channel by clicking on the “Subscribe” button in my video and the “Bell” icon to get notification of new videos.
Leave a Reply