Easy breezy weeknight dinner is right before your eyes. This Chicken with Tomato and Olive Stew is one quick meal to make for busy evening. Tender chicken simmered in fresh tomato served with rice or bread, it`s your choice.
I bake a lot, and I post more sweet stuff than savory stuff because I find sweet stuff easier to make even during weekdays after work. This is why I love weekends. Weekends are my opportunity to focus on cooking savory dishes, and I can take my time making it.
I was first into cooking before I got into baking. I used to cook for my family when I was still in the Philippines. I shop for the ingredients and cook all of our meals. Although I have a lot of favorite dishes to cook, my favorite are those that have thick creamy sauces. I find it very interesting and fun to make, and it gave me opportunity to incorporate different kind of flavor an spices, especially assortment of spicy peppers which are a must in all of my savory dishes.
Easy and Simple Weeknights or Weekend Dinner
I like using chicken and beef in most of my savory dishes, from time to time I used pork too, although I cannot remember the last time I actually cooked a pork dish. I love savory dishes that are simple and easy to cook, especially for busy days where all I want is a nice hot homemade meal and more time to enjoy it. This Chicken with Tomato and Olives is one of those simple easy to make dish. The most of the wait time is the reduction of the sauce, other than that, everything is just chopping , cutting and sautéing the ingredients. It’ s simple, it’s easy and it’s delicious. Let’s get started!
- 4 – 8 pieces Chicken Legs or Chicken Thigh
- 1 medium size Potato – diced and submerge in cold water to avoid browning
- 1/4 cup Kalamata Olive
- 3/4 tsp Salt
- 1 tsp granulated White Sugar
- 1/2 tsp Paprika
- 1/4 tsp Chili Flakes
- 1 Jalapeno Pepper – sliced thinly
- 2 large Ripe Tomato – diced
- 2 cloves Garlic – minced
- 1/4 cup White or Yellow Onion – chopped
- 4 tbsp Olive Oil
SPICE LEVEL: Adjust the spice level as to your preference. I like mine spicy so this recipe have quite a lot of peppers.
- Season chicken with salt and paprika and let sit for 10 minutes while you cut other ingredients.
- Heat pan and add 2 tbsp olive oil. Add chicken and cook for 15 minutes or until brown. Remove from the pan and set aside.
- In the same pan, add 2 tbsp olive oil and garlic. Saute until fragrant. Add onion and saute until translucent. Then add diced tomato. Cook for 15 minutes.
- Add the chicken and diced potato and sliced jalapeno peppers to the pan with the tomato mixture and cook for 30 -45 minutes or until sauce is reduced and most of the water evaporates.
- Add Kalamata olives and simmer for another 10 minutes.
Serve with rice or Homemade Burger Buns or any bread of your choice.
- Baked Doritos Crusted Chicken
- Chicken Tenders: Crispy and Not Greasy, So What’s the Secret?
- Creamy Tuscan Chicken with Spinach and Tomato
- Easy Sheet Pan Chicken Dinner
- [VIDEO] Mediterranean Chicken Pasta Salad
- Roasted Vegetable and Chicken Quinoa Bowls for Two
- Spicy Chicken Satay with Peanut Sauce
- Hawaiian Chicken Tacos
- [VIDEO] Grilled Mediterranean Chicken Skewers
- Chicken Wellington
- Spicy Chicken Potato Curry Empanada
- Chicken Mami (Chicken in Egg Noddle Soup)
- BBQ Pulled Chicken Puff Pastry Bites, Easy Holiday Appetizer
- One Pan Pesto Chicken with Asparagus and Tomato
- Stuffed Chicken Roll-Ups
- Spicy Thai Red Chicken Curry in Coconut Sauce
- Chicken with Tomatoes and Olives
- [VIDEO] Grilled Teriyaki Chicken
Thank You for visiting my website. Please don’t forget to click the “Like” button below if you like this recipe. Lastly, did you know that I have a YouTube Channel? Please support my channel by clicking on the “Subscribe” button in my video and the “Bell” icon to get notification of new videos.
Follow SweetNSpicyLiving on Social Media