I had been enjoying anything “wrap” lately, especially for breakfast. I don’t know how it started, one day I just felt like making a breakfast wrap just to have a break from my usual sweet stuff breakfast. That one day turned to another day and another day and another day of breakfast wrap. It’s super easy to make, it quite filling and the variations that are available are endless. There’s always something whether I’m in the mood for all things veggie for my Meat Free Monday or when I miss meat I’ll throw in some shredded chicken with it like what I did for this variation. This variation was inspired by my Mediterranean Chickpea Salad. I made a huge batch of the salad and I had few servings leftover and so I thought using it to make a wrap would be a nice idea, and it was. I added in some slices of chicken breast along with the Chickpea Salad, arranged it in fresh lettuce and top it with shredded cheese, and here is hat I got. A chickpea chicken wrap, delicious!
What You need to make Mediterranean Chicken Chickpea Wrap
- Mediterranean Chickpea Salad: This is the base filling of the wrap. You can make ahead of time or you can use a leftover if you have any.
- Soft Tortilla: I’m using a large soft plain tortilla. You can use any flavored soft tortilla like Spinach, Cheese or whole wheat
- Dressing: Ranch dressing proves to work with this wrap, but it can be replaced with other dressing.
- Mustard – Although optional, this adds nice flavor and moisture to the wrap
- Cheese – Use cheese that you like. I used a combination of mozzarella and cheddar and feta cheese.
How to Make Chickpea Chicken Wrap
- Make the Chickpea Salad: I have a separate posts for This get the FULL RECIPE HERE .Just give you a preview, here is how it looks like. It is so good as a salad on its own.
- Make the Wrap: Make the wrap by filing the soft tortilla with Chickpea Salad, sliced chicken, lettuce and cheese then roll as tight as you possibly can.
How to roll the wrap
I’m not an expert at this, but it’s not complicated at all. First few attempts could be loose, but once you get the hang of it you’ll be able to make this even with eyes close. Here’s a short video on how I do it and what works for me.
Lay the tortilla on a flat surface. Put the filling close to top end. Fold the 2 sides towards the Center, the starting from the top end roll the tortilla while holding both ends to keep it close. Roll slowly, push the sides as needed, push back filling as needed and keep rolling until the end. Both ends should be tucked in properly, no filling coming out. That’s it! Let’s go make this.
- 1/2 cup Chickpea Salad
- 2 soft Tortilla
- 1/3 cup chopped Lettuce
- 1/4 cup mixed cheddar and mozzarella Cheese
- 2 tablespoon Feta Cheese
- 4 tablespoon Ranch Dressing
- 1/3 cup sliced or shredded Chicken – grilled, roasted or rotisserie chicken
- Make the Chickpea Salad: I have a separate posts for This get the FULL RECIPE HERE
- Make the Wrap: Lay the tortilla on a flat surface. Arrange lettuce, chickpea salad, chicken, mozzarella and cheddar cheese, feta cheese and ranch dressing.
- Roll the Wrap: Fold the 2 sides towards the center, the starting from the top end roll the tortilla while holding both ends to keep it close. Roll slowly, push the sides as needed, push back filling as needed and keep rolling until the end. Both ends should be tucked in properly, no filling coming out.
My Latest Video
- Mediterranean Chickpea Salad
- Meat Free Monday: Mushroom and Spinach Quesedillas
- Meat Free Monday: Chickpea and Cauliflower Egg Wrap
- Meat Free Monday: Avocado and Black Beans Quesedillas
- Meat Free Monday: Mixed Vegetable Fajitas
- Meat Free Monday: Mushroom and Spinach Omelette Enchiladas
Thank You for visiting my website. Please don’t forget to click the “Like” button below if you like this recipe. Lastly, did you know that I have a YouTube Channel? Please support my channel by clicking on the “Subscribe” button in my video and the “Bell” icon to get notification of new videos.
FOLLOW SWEETNSPICYLIVING ON SOCIAL MEDIA