Summer Fresh Fruit Spring Rolls filled with fresh Peaches, Apples and Strawberries and bunch of greens for additional crunch. Fun, exciting, delicious and refreshing summer treat.
Summer is the time to make the most of the fresh fruits in the market, and this Fruity Fresh Spring Roll is one fun and exciting way to enjoy fresh fruits and mighty crunchy greens.
I love fresh spring rolls, like the Vietnamese Spring Rolls. I like how fresh it is, I like how fun it is and I love how delicious it is. I normally make savory spring rolls, so this freshly fruity spring rolls is kind off a new thing in my food rotation during Summer. I like that I can make it ahead of time, call it part of my meal prep for the week although it doesn’t really last a week for me to finish this. They are my healthy snacking option especially on busy days. One thing I love about this is that I can change fruits so it is not boring. There are a lot of good substitution for the fruits and greens, feel free to pla around and be creative.
What are the Ingredients for Summer Fresh Spring Rolls?
- Apple – Any kind of apple will work, I used red delicious for this recipe
- Peach – Any type of Peach will work, I used Yellow Peach for this recipe. Choose the firm ripe Peach for better texture
- Strawberry – Choose firm ripe Strawberry for better texture
- Greens – Any kind of green will work, but the best option is lettuce followed by mix greens or Spinach. Do not use Kale as it is too hard and dry
- Rice Paper – for wrapping the roll
- Water – to soften the rice paper
For greens, You can use mix greens, for more crunchy texture use iceberg lettuce (my favorite) or any type of lettuce, spinach and other soft salad greens.
Fruits: You can use any type of Apple, Peach, Pear, Apricot, Figs, Dates, Pineapple, Strawberry, Blueberry, Raspberry, Mango, Banana, Avocado, Dragon Fruit, Kiwi. Just be mindful what of you use if you are making this ahead of time. I woul say avoid soft fruits like Banana and Avocado, stick to the firm fruits.
How to Make Fruity Spring Rolls
- Prepare the Fruits: Most of the preparation in making this fruit spring roll is in cutting the fruits. Cut the Apple and Peach in strips or julienne. It is very important to choose a ripe and firm Apple and Peach so they cut nicely and thin. For the Strawberry, cut it thin enough for it to be roll
- Wrap the Roll: Now the fun part,the rolling and wrapping. We’re going to use rice paper, you can buy this in Asian store or Asian section of the grocery. Rice paper are thin and brittle and requires soaking to get it to a rollable or pliable state. Pour a warm water in a large bowl or deep dish plate 9about 9-inch). Find a bowl that is bigger or equal to the size of rice paper you are using. Submerge 1 rice paper for 30 – 40 seconds then lift and shake excess water. Lay the soaked rice paper flat on a wet paper towel or cheese cloth. It is important to have the paper towel slightly wet to avoid sticking. For double wrapper, submerge another one while you work on arranging the filling. Arrange the filling. Start by arranging 4 thinly sliced Strawberry then cover it with the green of your choice. Arrange the thinly sliced Apples and Peach on top. Position the filing at the end close to you. Get the 2nd soaked rice paper and put it on top. Roll forward once then fold the right and left portion towards the center to seal the roll. Continue rolling up to about 3/4 then lay flat 3 -4 pieces of thinly Strawberry. Continue rolling until the end and roll as tight possible. That’s about it!
- Make the Honey Lemon Jalapeno Dressing: Mix all the ingredients in a bowl, as simple as that.
How to Wrap Spring Roll
I had made Vietnamese Spring Rolls before and the process of wrapping the spring roll is the same regarldess what filling you put inside. In my Vietnamese Spring Rolls, I used only 1 layer of rice paper but in this Summer Fruit Spring Roll I doubled it. One on the bottom and one on top before rolling it. I find that it makes a thicker wrapper that won’t easily tear. But you can do it either way, single otr double.
How to Make Honey Lemon Jalapeno Dressing
You can serve this as is but I find a touch of citrus honey dressing makes it a lot more fresher in taste. I like the slight sweetness that the honey gave while balancing it with the citru lemon flavor and a slight kick of heat from pickled Jalapeno, nothing spicy here.
This is one easy flavorful dressing that you would love to use on your salad. This is a combination of honey, lemon, water, salt and chopped pickled Jalapeno pepper. It has a fresh, nice, sweet, salty, slightly spicy taste which paired well with this fruit spring rolls. You can definitely use this for any other salad, it is easy to make and so flavorful. I prefer using pickled Jalapeno for a milder heat and slightly sweet taste, but you can also use fresh Jalapeno pepper. If you prefer less heat, remove the seed or if you do not like any heat at all, simply skip the Jalapeno.
- 1/2 large Apple – thinly sliced (julienne)
- 1 large fresh Yellow Peach- thinly sliced (julienne)
- 10 pieces Fresh Strawberry – thinly sliced
- 10 pieces Rice Paper
- Bunch of Salad Green or Lettuce
Honey Lemon Jalapeno Dressing
- 2 tablespoon Honey (or more if you prefer a sweeter dressing)
- Juice of 1 small Lemon
- 4 tablespoon Water
- 1/3 teaspoon Salt
- 1 small Pickled Jalapeno Pepper – chopped
- Slice the Fruits: Thinly slice the Apple, Peach and Strawberry
- Make the Roll: Pour a warm water in a large bowl or deep dish plate. Find a bowl that is bigger or equal to the size of rice paper you are using. Submerge 1 rice paper for 30 – 40 seconds then lift and shake excess water. Submerge another one while you work on arranging the filling. Lay the soaked rice paper flat on a wet paper towel or cheese cloth. It is important to have the paper towel slightly wet to avoid sticking. Arrange the filling. Start by arranging 4 thinly sliced Strawberry then cover it with the green of your choice. Arrange the thinly sliced Apples and Peach on top. Position the filing at the end close to you. Get the 2nd soaked rice paper and put it on top. Roll forward once then fold the right and left portion towards the center to seal the roll. Continue rolling up to about 3/4 then lay flat 3 -4 pieces of thinly Strawberry. Continue rolling until the end and roll as tight possible. Do this for all 5 rolls
- Make the Honey Lemon Jalapeno Dressing: In a bowl, mix together honey, lemon juice, water, salt and chopped jalapeno pepper. Stir and let sit for about 10 minutes to allow the salt to fully dissolve. Taste and adjust sweetness as desired.
Makes 5 Rolls
You can make this a day in advance to save some time. I usually make this at night for seventh the following day. The important thing to remember is to store it properly.
Store in an airtight container lined with wet paper towel. This keeps the rolls moist and wet, otherwise it will dry out easily. Cover the top with wet paper towel before cover it with the container cover. Store in the refrigerator, possibly at ghetto bottom layer so it keeps moist.
- Grilled Brussels Sprouts Skewers
- Meat Free Monday: Asparagus and Tomato Greek Salad
- Baked Parmesan Asparagus Fries
- Refreshing Cucumber & Tomato SaladWedges
- Meat Free Monday: Chopsuey (Mixed Vegetables)
- Meat Free Monday: Grilled Chimichurri Vegetable Kebabs
- Green Beans Tomato Salad
- Sweet Potato Fries Salad
- Green Goddess Salad
- Watermelon Salad
- White Bean Salad
- Strawberry and Mango Salad
My Latest Video
Thank You for visiting my website. Please don’t forget to click the “Like” button below if you like this recipe. Lastly, did you know that I have a YouTube Channel? Please support my channel by clicking on the “Subscribe” button in my video and the “Bell” icon to get notification of new videos.
FOLLOW SWEETNSPICYLIVING ON SOCIAL MEDIA
Facebook | Instagram | Pinterest | Twitter | YouTube
Categories: Cooking, Healthy Option, Recipe, Salad, Vegetarian
Leave a Reply